Tokoyami x Reader x Shoji

(Requested by YeetKing56! Shoji surprising Tokoyami and reader for their birthdays, which are three days apart)

I stare down at the note, a little confused. Who would leave a note on our fridge? It was my favorite colour, and very noticeable on our fridge. It stares back at me.

Peeking closer, I realize it's addressed to Fumikage and I. I glimpse to the man beside me, who was reading something on his phone.

"Hey Fumi-chan," I catch his attention. He looks up at me curiously, and I point to the note. "I think it's from Mezo-chan."

He rests his hand on my shoulder as we read it:

"I have a surprise for the both of you. Meet me where we had our first date, at around 1."

I glance at the clock, seeing that it had just turned twelve. Enough for us to change out of our hero outfits and head down to the coffee shop where all three of us had our first date, so many years ago.

We head to our bedroom, and I pull my top over my head, remembering that day.

It was raining, and the three of us had been doing the grocery shopping for the dorms. Shoji's arms were over Tokoyami and I, protecting us. The three of us were stuck in the rain, until Dark Shadow pointed out a small coffee shop on the corner of the street.

The three of us rushed inside, immediately meeting the warm scent of coffee. There was a short line of people ordering to-go coffees, and tables were crowded with people staying out of the rain.

An old lady takes us to a seat, and Shoji takes a seat in between us. An arm around each of us, he held our shivering selves close to him.

He orders our warm drinks, and insists on paying them. "It is our first date, after all." I couldn't see his face at that time, but I knew by his eyes that he was smiling.

I smile at the memory, shivering in the October air. Fumi-chan and I enter the coffee shop once more. The smell of coffee and baked goods floods through the air.

Dark Shadow tugs at me, "He's over there," I look at where he's pointing.

"Mezo!" Fumikage calls, leading me to the table. We sit on either side of Mezo, who greets us with a hug.

"You got my message. Good," his arm, which had produced a mouth, speaks softly.

"Of course. What is all of this about, Mezo?" Fumikage asks, his head tilted.

"Your birthdays are coming up soon, so I thought a surprise would be nice," he's cut off as the old woman, who's name is Beatrice, hobbles over, carrying a birthday cake, complete with whipped cream and berries adorning it.

I gasp, clapping happily. Beatrice smiles. "I've known all of you for so long, and Shoji asked so nicely, it was only fitting that I help him with his little surprise," her eyes crinkle up as she explains, setting the cake down on the table.

I hug Mezo, aweing and thanking him, along with Fumikage's words of gratitude.

"It's nothing. I also got you two gifts," one of his hands reaches behind him.

"You didn't have to," I snuggle into him.

"I did." He rests a jar in front of Fumikage, then one in front of me. Fumikage's had black and blue, while mine had red and gold. Polyamorous flag colours. I smile at that little detail. "I know that we don't all get to see one another all the time, due to our jobs. So, whenever the three of you miss me, you can open the notes I wrote."

Dark Shadow even wipes his eyes at how sweet this was.

Mezo squeezes us, his mask pressing against each of our foreheads. "Now let's eat our cake, so we can go watch movies at home."

Fumikage smiles at me, and I nod. Both of us kiss his cheeks, and Dark Shadow cuddles close. It's lucky Mezo has so many arms, so he can hold us.

Smiling at the three of them, I can't imagine anything better than being with my loves.