🌲 12th Fic of Christmas

(Kind of sad this is the last one of these. Hope you all enjoyed this little challenge I took! Don't forget to enter the contest!)

For the twelfth fic of Christmas, Author-san gave to you,

A Snowed-In Christmas Eve,
Unwanted Christmas Decorating,
Cold Christmas Caroling,
Tree Trimming Fun,
Bakugō On Ice,
Falling For Your Crush,
Decorating Cookies,
A VILLAINOUS SNOWBALL FIGHT
An Awkward Mistletoe Kiss,
Three Hot Cocoas,
A Secret Santa Gift,
And A Cute Little Christmas Date!
--- ---

I yawn, pulling on my blanket and settling down on the couch. Remote in hand, I turn on The Polar Express, completely ready to relive my childhood Christmas Eve. I bring my hot cocoa to my lips.

My phone buzzes beside me, and I pause the movie with a sigh. Seeing the caller ID, I pick up.

"Todoroki?"

"I know it's late. And Christmas Eve. I was wondering if I could stop by. The snow and ice are covering the road, and I'm nearby. Could I stay until they ice the roads?"

"Of course," I smile to myself. "I'd be fine with you staying for a while, it's no problem, Todoroki."

"Good. I am outside the door."

Jumping up with wide eyes and hanging up the phone, I rush to the door. I open it, meeting Todoroki with a surprised smile.

"Hello!"

He gives a small smile back as I let him in. "Hello. Sorry to bother you."

"No bother," I wave it off. "I was just settling down to watch a movie. You're free to join me."

He nods at my offer, and I sit on the couch, beckoning for him to sit beside me.

Todoroki takes a seat, and I pull the blanket over us, pressing play on the remote.

"I don't have any extra hot cocoa, but you can share mine with me," I hold the cup out to him. He shakes his head.

"No, I'm good for now."

I nod, taking a sip as the music starts.

A while after, we get to the hot chocolate song, and Todoroki hesitantly takes a small drink of the cocoa. I smile secretly, resting my head on his shoulder for the rest of the movie.

I find it cute how he watches the movie, his eyes fixed on the screen and his face changing so subtly at the parts he finds cute, or how he leans forward when the train is derailed. At times, I notice I'm not even paying attention to the movie, and quickly refocus.

After the movie, the credits roll, and he stretches a little. "That's a cute movie. I've never seen it before."

"You haven't?" I muse, thinking of his parents. "Maybe we should watch some more of my childhood movies sometime."

"Maybe. I should try to get home now though," Todoroki pries himself from the warm couch. "Thank you very much for allowing me to stay awhile."

"Any time, Todoroki."

He heads to the door, hand lingering on the doorknob for a moment before his hand twists it, pushing it open.

No wait.

He pushes again, a small frown growing on his lips. "It won't budge."

I stand up, walking over and looking out the window. Snow was piled to the sill, the source if the jammed door. "Oh wow, that's a lot of snow."

He leans over, peeking out at the thick blanket of snow. "It looks like we're snowed in."

I nod. "Looks like you'll have to stay the night. Or more," I joke.

"I hope I am not intruding," he averts his eyes.

"Not at all," I smile at him. "I wouldn't mind the company." Turning back to the cozy couch, I take him by the hand and pull him to it.

"You're sure? Don't you have any plans for tomorrow?"

"Well," I pause, letting go of his wrist. "I don't really have much family, and most of my friends are busy with their own families, so not really. And besides, even if I did, it's not like it could leave, with all that snow," I scratch the back of my head.

"I see. Then maybe it's a good thing I'm stuck here. You shouldn't be all alone on this holiday."

Smiling lightly, I nod. "What about you? What were your plans, before we got stuck here?"

"I was going to see my siblings, but I'll have to call them and reschedule. I see them quite often now, so I don't think it will be a problem."

Nodding, I agree quietly. "Alright. Want to watch another movie? I could get some snacks."

"If it isn't too much trouble," Todoroki tilts his head.

"Of course not! Go ahead and sit, I'll get them."

Not five minutes later, I pour the popcorn in the bowl, setting it in front of him, and pressing play on the next movie, the one we had chosen together: A Christmas Carol.

A yawn escapes my lips, and I watch Todoroki stifle one as well. He takes a bite of the popcorn, eyes glued to the movie.

"Scrooge reminds me of my father," he mumbles after watching how rude Scrooge acted.

I smile, agreeing quietly. The first ghost appears on the screen, warning about the other spirits that would appear later on.

A strange silence hangs between us. At first, it wasn't noticeable. But it was definitely there by the time the second ghost, the ghost of Christmas Past, appeared.

I notice him sneaking glimpses at me, my head resting on his shoulder. Almost inscrutability, he edges closer to me. His breathing and heart rate were faster.

His arm slowly moves, wrapping around me gently. I lean into him further, to let him know it's alright with me, and he relaxes once more. Eyes fixed intently again on the movie.

Once in a while, someone reaches for the popcorn, and crunching can be heard, and the movie plays, but other than that, all I can hear is my heart and his, thumping at the same beat.

The final ghost had appeared, and Scrooge changed his ways, to be the kind person who he never knew he could be.

Todoroki yawns, hand to his face.

"Sleepy?"

He shakes his head quickly. "No, I'm fine."

"Really? Your eyelids are drooping," I tease lightly.

"Really, I want to stay up for a while longer."

"Alright. Want to watch another movie?"

Todoroki gives me a nod. "Can I pick one out?"

I agree, and he picks one at random. It happened to be some sappy Hallmark Christmas movie, where the two strangers fall in love.

We watch it together, and I awe at the cute bits, a pink flush on my face. Then their lips meet in a sweet kiss at the end, and I wonder for a moment if Todoroki would reenact the kiss with me.

Feeling my face heat up even more, I turn my head to him, finding his eyes fluttered closed, soft snores escaping his lips. My eyes linger almost too long on his beautiful face before I tear my gaze away, smiling. The movie ends, and I pull the blanket over us further. Turning off the TV, I use his shoulder as a pillow, drifting off after him.

Thankful for this snowed-in Christmas Eve.