💝 Amajiki Tamaki x Reader

I fix my hair in the mirror for the fifth time. Am I really doing this?

It's not often I go on dates with my boyfriend, seeing as to how he has severe social anxiety. Even a trip to the park can be too much for him. But, his best friends had talked him into the four of us going on a double date for Valentine's day.

Messing with my outfit for the last time, I check my phone, finding it's being blown up by the group chat.

Nejire Hado: Coffeeshop was too busy when I checked earlier, we should go somewhere else.

Mirio Togata: awe man that's my favourite coffee shop though

Mirio Togata: oh well. maybe we could go to that new sushi restaurant

Nejire Hado: It wasn't very good last time I went

You: Isn't there a fireworks show downtown this evening? We could sit ontop of my apartment building

Nejire Hado: That's a good idea! Oh, we could go buy some snacks and have a small party together!

Mirio Togata: im bringing marshmallows and smore's stuff

Tamaki <3: thats a relief I thought we were going out in public

Mirio Togata: actually I think we are still going to the hearts festival right?

Nejire Hado: Pretty sure we are. I remember last year it was so pretty!

You: We don't have to go if it will be scary, Tama-chan

Tamaki <3: I'll go

I grin down at my phone. He tries so hard to control his anxiety for me. It's endearing, even when it doesn't always work.

Nejire Hado: Okay let's all meet up at the entrance about noon!

Checking the time, I send Tamaki a heart in our private messages, heading to the park.

I spot familiar dark hair, a smile playing on my lips. "Hello, love! You're early, too?"

"I didn't want to be late," Tamaki mumbles, shuffling his feet.

"Um, I don't mean to be rude, I was just wondering. Is that... My jacket?" His voice wavers as he eyes the jacket draped across my shoulders.

I smile, nodding eagerly. "You left it the last time you came over. It's really comfortable."

"Yeah. It looks... Nice on you," he responds, face slightly red.

I grin, happy he thinks so. "Thank you. I like wearing your jackets, they remind me of you."

He seems to have lost his voice, shaking almost visibly as even his ears turn pink. He's saved whenever Nejire and Mirio appear together, leading our small group to the park.

I link pinky fingers with him, content to go on this Valentine's double date with him.