Shinsō x Trans Male!Reader(2)

(2/3!)

I wince, biting my tongue. The alcohol pad swipes across the spot again, leaving a burning sensation.

I had been jumped by the boys who had bullied Shinsō the other day. They had been mad because we got them suspended.

Luckily Shinsō-san was in the area and helped me to his house. Now his father is tending to my bloody nose.

"I want to thank you, despite what happened. You stood up for him, and that's very admirable." His father gleams quietly.

"It was nothing. I can't sit by when someone is being bullied for something they can't help." I try to keep the edge out of my voice. My binder was beginning to be uncomfortable, I've had it on for too long.

"That's right, you're gay aren't you?" Shinsō Hitoshi moves closer. "That's why they stuck us in the closet?"

I shake my head. "Not exactly gay, just not straight." I fidget a little, ignoring the small pain in my chest. I wasn't supposed to exercise in my binder. The struggle with those boys wouldn't be good for my chest.

His father notices my discomfort. "Where else are you hurt?" He asks, his voice leaving no choice but for you to cooperate.

"My chest just hurts is all," I mutter. "It'll be fine when I get home."

The door opens and I jump a bit. I wince, holding my sore nose.

"Oh hey Mom. This is my friend, the one from the closet."

I choke back a laugh at how he introduced me, looking at him with a glint in my eye.

"That's no way to introduce your friends!" His mom smiles, and introduces herself. "But you can call me Mom!"

I smile and introduce myself to her.

"Would you like to stay for dinner? If your parents don't mind."

"My aunt won't mind," I reply. "She's out on weekends anyway."

And every other day, because of her job and her drinking habits, but I don't include that part.

"Oh, your aunt raises you? That's nice."

"Yes. It would be nice to stay for dinner, if that's not an inconvenience." Honestly, I was tired of takeout and what little I could make on my own.

"None at all!" She ruffles Hitoshi's hair, leaving the room.

"Sorry about that, you don't have to call her mom if that would make you uncomfortable." Hitoshi scratches the back of his head, seemingly embarrassed.

"It's no problem. If it makes her happy, then that's fine."

"Hitoshi, can you go get the extra bandages from the bathroom? He's got a cut behind his ear."

"Of course." Hitoshi gets up.

After a couple of seconds, Hitoshi's father looks at me. "It's not healthy to bind for too long, or to exercise too much while binding." His voice is gentle, but chiding.

I swallow. "I... I know, I didn't intend to bind for too long, or get in a fight-"

"Hey, it's alright. We all have our days. I just want you to know that it's not healthy. If you want, I think we have some baggy sweaters or shirts somewhere that'll help."

I gape at him, taken aback. His kind eyes and gentle smile were nice. I sigh. "Thanks, I actually have a sweatshirt that works." I point to my bag.

He quickly gets me to where I can change out of my binder, and tells me that it's up to me whether I want to come out to them, but that his family would be completely accepting.

I can't help but trust them. They were kind. I smile, leaving the bathroom. As long as I don't think about it too often, it really does feel nice to take off my binder.