🏳️‍🌈 Aromantic: Satō x Reader

I pick up the bunny, cradling him in my arms. "Hey there, little bun-bun."

"Is Sugar doing alright?" My roommate, Satō Rikido, asks, peeking over my shoulder.

"Yep, our Sugar baby is fine," I hum, stroking the small white rabbit between his tiny ears. "Little sugar cube."

Rikido laughs a little, "So the rabbit was a good idea for a pet, I'm glad we're such close friends with Koda still."

"I think so," I grin up at him. "Thanks, Riki-chan."

"Anything for my best friend and roommate." Rikido holds out his hands, and I ease Sugar over to him. He cups Sugar tenderly, smiling whenever the rabbit curls up.

"He's so cute, Riki-chan."

"Adorable," he agrees. "This was a great idea."

"One of the best we've had!" I stroke Sugar's head.

"Y/n... Thank you for everything." I almost don't catch what he's saying, but the sudden genuine glint in his eyes says everything.

"Rikido..."

"Thank you for not turning me away when I told you I was aromantic. Everything you've done for me... You're the best friend I've ever had. Everyone else in this world... They don't believe in things like this. And I know it's hard with me being a hero, and the long hours, and the stress, too. Thank you." His eyes had long averted to the rabbit in his arms as he spills his heart to me.

"Rikido," a soft smile grows on my face. "Anyone who matters will always be by your side. You're sweet and amazing, and you're my best friend, too. I struggled for a long time with my own identity, and I thank you for also being my best friend. I love you." I know he takes it how I meant it: platonically.

"I love you, too, Y/n," Rikido pulls me into a half hug, still cradling Sugar. "Thank you so much."

"I'll always be your friend, and nothing will ever change that, Rikido," I pet Sugar's head again.

"We should feed Sugar now," Rikido pulls away, a genuine smile still lingering.

"Yeah, let's go!" I laugh, content in our new life together. With Sugar, of course.