Shinsō Hitoshi x Reader

I jolt awake, falling out of bed. Terror courses through me as I try to breathe. Tears roll down my face, and my hands grip the sheets I'm tangled in.

Another nightmare. I've been having them every night for months. They were reccuring, the same things over and over again.

I need to talk to him.

My chest heaves as I reach for my phone, pressing buttons until I reach his contact.

I lift the phone to my ear, sobbing. He answers, already knowing who it is and why. His voice soft and caring as he responds.

"It's okay, I've got you. I'm here," Shinsō Hitoshi, my best friend, murmurs.

"It was just so horrible," I choke back a sob. "They were all yelling at me, and chasing me, and I fell and-"

"I know, it's okay. It's all over now. Do you need me to come over? I can if you want."

I wipe a tear away, sniffing. "N... No. Just... Keep talking?"

He complies, telling me how everything is going to be alright now. That he's here for me. That nothing can hurt me now.

I sob, listening to him intently. He's been my best friend for so long. He barely ever sleeps, since he doesn't need to, so he's always here for me when I call, pretty much every single night. I can't help but feel so at home with him.

His voice, which gets soft when we're alone. His calming eyes. The words he says when I need them the most. He means so much to me.

"It's alright, I promise," he continues, keeping his voice steady. It makes my heart pound, but my breathing calmer.

"I love you," I feel the words tumble out of my mouth. "I have for so long. You're always here for me."

"And you're always here for me, too. It's why I love you. I always have."

I sob again, as he confesses to me.

"Can I come over now?" Shinsō asks.

I nod, "Yes, please."

"Alright, I'll be there in a bit. Love you, kitten."

"Love you too, Hitoshi."