🏳️‍🌈 Gay: Bakugō x Male!Reader

(It's past midnight here so I'm legally allowed to post my first Pride month fic!)

"I knew you like plants, so...." Bakugō grips tighter to the poor, half-dead cactus. "I brought you this."

"You got me a cactus?" I tilt my head, a smile lingering on my face, and my heart squeezes. "That's so cute, Katsuki."

"It just... It's almost dead, and I know my boyfriend is basically a plant-reviving god, so I thought maybe you could do something for it."

"I think I can," I gently grab the flowerpot from his hands. "It's pretty badly over-watered. Wanna help me repot Mr. Cactsuki?"

"Cactsuki?"

"Yes."

"Fine. Where are my gloves?"

I laugh lightly. I carry the pot to my repotting corner, and soon we're sitting on a pad of newspaper. I remove the excess soil, which is saturated with water, and give the cactus to Katsuki.

I start scooping the new, dry soil into a cute pot, one decorated with cactus puns.

Katsuki grumbles lightly the whole time, holding the cactus gently in his gloves hands. He lowers the plant into the pot, helping me pat the soil down next to the base.

"He's going to get so much better soon," I coo, making sure my new baby is all set. "Now that he's away from all that drowning." I set him next to another critical-care plant child, a mangled marigold plant. "You're his hero, Katsu."

Katsuki rolls his eyes. "You're such a dork. A plant loving dork."

"Meanie." I grin at him, punching at his shoulder in jest. He grins back, pushing my face away.

"You know you love me."

My tongue clicks. "Do I?"

He laughs, ruffling my hair. "Yeah, you do. And you're such a dork of a boyfriend, you make me love you, too."

My heartstrings are pulled as he smiles at me. "Yeah, I love you, too. Even if you're insufferable sometimes."

"Whatever. Now let's clean this soil up," he grins, looking at my face and hair as he pulls his gloves off.

My hand darts up after I tear my own gloves off, feeling the dirt beneath my fingertips from his antics.

"Bakugō Katsuki, I swear to gog-"