Shiozaki Ibara x Reader

Me: They're yelling again. Can I call you?

Ibara: Actually I'm nearby. You could come out and we could get lunch?

Me: That would be great.

I leave my room, grabbing my phone and wallet. I stuff them in my pockets. My parents were busy yelling.

I write them a note on the fridge, letting them know I'm going to study with a friend.

My chest pounds as I leave the apartment complex, barely able to breathe.

Ibara is waiting for me at the door, and she smiles when she sees me. I smile back weakly.

She places a hand on my shoulder as we walk. I try to calm down, but it's so hard. Tears well in my eyes, and my hands are shaking.

"It's okay now," Ibara says softly. "It's alright."

I nod, trying to focus on more positive things. Food. Studying. My best friend. Anything.

Ibara leads me to the park, where stands and trucks were set up, selling food.

We each get something to eat, sitting down on a bench together. She shares her food with me, and I give her a couple bites of mine.

She tells a couple cute stories about the plants she is tending, and how her cat gets in the way of her watering. I laugh with her, feeling my anxieties ease away.

By the time we're finished with our food, she's pointing out and naming the plants around us, a smile on her face.

I smile, too. Seeing her happy always brings a smile to my face. Her green hair falls over her shoulder, and she pushes it back almost unconsciously.

We talk for about an hour, about our class and about plants and anything we can think about. I buy her ice cream, despite her protests. I owe her so much. She's always here for me.

I eat my ice cream, walking down the streets next to her.

I stop at the door to my apartment complex, sighing.

Feeling a tickle in my nose, I laugh. A tendril of her hair had trailed up and was tickling me. I smile at her appreciatively as she turns away.

I watch her go, before heading inside.

My comfort person.