Yaoyorozu Momo x Male! Reader

(This was a request by ActTasLam for Momo x Male! Reader. The song is My Soul, Your Beats from Angel Beats. Song is italicized.)

I open my eyes to the light of the sun
I am still half asleep I straighten out my tie

I stretch, preparing for the next class. My hero outfit has been newly renovated, allowing for more movement and extra use for my quirk, Galestorm.

And I'm out the door
Now I walk tall and with a feeling of pride
Into this class of mine

The rest of my classmates walk in with me, to the training area. We've been working non-stop, trying to improve our control over our quirks.

It's just an average day
Like every other day
The current pushes me on
As if I'm caught in the wind

Today, I'm defending myself against Tokoyami. He stands across from me, his black cape moving from his quirk's movements.

I thought I heard its resonance I even thought I felt it deep inside
And now it trembles within my heart like music I thought the time had finally come

At Aizawa's command, the two of us leap forward to fight. I activate my quirk, creating a tiny hurricane around me. I hear Tokoyami command Dark Shadow. My eyes close, as required by my quirk. She's watching, I have to do well.

Watching the stars above me fade away
And vanish in the dark
I waved them goodbye
And said with a smile,
"I'm happy for you."

I steadily let my quirk grow in strength, listening to my opponent grow weary. My concentration is focused as ever. I need to impress her.

"Dark Shadow! Do you see them?"

Sweeping the hall in the late afternoon I feel a little strange
Although the clock ticks on,
I don't feel the change

He bites out a negative reply and I allow the ions in the air to crackle, lightning and thunder rumbling as I make the rest of the air chilly. I hear their gasps.

Sunset will come and the sunrise as well
Day will lead into night
But I have lost my will It's like I'm standing still

I gulp as I hear Dark Shadow's voice draw closer. I should move, I know I should. But I can't without breaking concentration. Ice pellets form in the air around me. My heart thumps wildly in my chest. I don't want her to think I'm weak.

The dust that I sweep away
Just piles higher like snow
I thought that it would wait for me
I even thought I heard it calling out

"We're almost to the eye," Tokoyami advises. I begin to shift my concentration. The hair on the back of my neck rises as I let out more lightning, creating a stronger barrier around myself.

And now I tremble because my heart is yearning
I thought it would be found at last
When all the memories that I have lost

It all ends with a crash. Dark Shadow collides with me, and the air around me snaps like a cord. Wind, rain, and ice lose my control, slamming down and outwards from me. Tokoyami is swept off his feet, both of us leveled.

Awaken finally
When I have them back
The curtain will fall
On this endless tale
All of my thoughts undone I just began to run

I limp over to the sidelines, my body still aching. Tokoyami decidedly won that match. I need to step up my game. I'm just afraid to hurt my classmates.

You grabbed onto my hand
And it had begun
Yesterday's in the past
Tomorrow is coming fast

I feel a hand rest on my shoulder. My eyes train on the owner. "That was really good!" Momo smiles, her black hair framing her face. It's pulled up in it's usual neat ponytail.

It's the simplest truth there is I see
And it brings me ecstacy I thought I heard its resonance
I even thought I felt it deep inside
And now it trembles within my heart like music

"Thanks," I mumble. "I'm kind of bummed I lost."

"Don't be. I lost against him, too, in the Sports Festival. He's a strong fighter," she softly convinces. She's been one of my friends since the beginning.

I thought the time had finally come
Watching a thousand mornings passing by
Each bringing a new day

I nod, smiling back half-heartedly. "You did really well in your match against Mina earlier."

"Thanks! I found the right method to counteract her acid attack, I think I'm getting better with quick decisions." Her face turns slightly pink after a moment.

I thought that it would wait for me
I even thought I heard it calling out
And now I tremble, because my soul is shaking

I gulp as the world seems to fall silent. Her hand drops from my shoulder, brushing against my fingers. "Like this," she takes my hand in hers; though her movement is confident, the look in her eyes is nervous and sincere.

I thought it had been found at last
Watching the last day finally fade away

I feel my chest seize tight, and my face burns. My heart races. She wasn't disappointed in me.

Like millions of dreams I waved it goodbye
And said with a smile,

Once I finally regain the ability to breath, I smile, and like the disaster I am, I reply, "Thanks."

"I'm grateful to you."