Neko! Todoroki Shotō x Reader

((Requested by Todoroki_loves_me))

I shiver, rubbing my gloved hands together to get warm. Winter here is absolutely freezing, and it's Christmas Eve, so it's natural that it's cold.

Opening the door, I call out for my lover. "Shotō! Are you here?" I'm met with silence.

The wood is by the fireplace, so I set it up and begin a small fire.

I set my groceries down, hearing some small whimpers from the bedroom. They grow louder at my approaching footsteps, and I open the door to find my bed in disarray.

My lips curve into a small smile as I spot him amidst my clothes, the blankets, and the pillows on my bed. His red and white hair was messed up, and I can tell he is shivering.

"Shotō, are you cold, love?" I ask gently, and he nods. His ears flicker up, happy to see me. His gray and blue eyes, puffy from tears, fix on my own, and he silently pleads for my warmth. "Come on, let's go warm up by the fire."

He nods, taking my hand and prying himself from his nest. I grab an armful of blankets and pillows, and he does the same.

We set up a new nest together, by the warm fire, and cuddle close. All that can be heard is my reassurance, and his gentle purring. My hands run through his hair, fixing it so it lay flat.

Soon, his purrs are replaced by soft snores.

--- ---

My eyes crack open as I'm woken up by something moving next to me. It's freezing.

I sit up, with much difficulty, since Shotō was holding me so tight. Fixing the fire so it was warm again and adding more wood, I stand up, looking at the clock.

0839.

Christmas morning! I smile, grabbing my gift for Shotō. It was wrapped in gray paper, almost the colour of his eye, and had white ribbons.

"Shotō," I shake his shoulder gently. "Wake up!"

He groans, eyes opening briefly.

"It's Christmas," I remind him.

Immediately he sits up, rubbing his eyes. "Christmas?"

"Yep! And I have a gift for you," I hold it out for him.

"But... I didn't get you anything," he looks down.

"You're all the present I need, Shotō. You even look the part!" I smile, and he smiles back, taking the gift.

"Thank you," he opens it carefully. Soon, his eyes widen as he gasps.

It was a blue collar, with his name on it in silver, as well as a picture of both of us, and a necklace that breaks in two, which read: 'My One and Only Love'.

His eyes begin to sparkle, how they always do when he's close to tears. He pulls me into a hug. "I love you."

"I love you, too, Shotō," I respond, kissing his forehead.

"Maybe... This could be my present for you?" His lips find mine, and I kiss him back, hand resting on his cheek.

"That's the best present I've ever gotten," I smile.

"Good," he rubs his face against mine.

"Now let's go get something to eat!"