Kurogiri x Reader

The power to heal is in my hands. I hold peoples' lives in my two, shaky hands.

I look down at the man who was bleeding in my arms.

"What do I get if I heal you?" I whisper, my hand hovering over his gunshot wound. My eyes are cold in the darkness, glinting in the street lights.

"I'll give anything. Have you heard of the League of Villains? I could vouch for you." He coughs. His death rattle fills the air. Any minute now and he would be dead.

"That's not good enough," I hiss out, standing up.

I know he can't even talk now. The rattles grow wearier.

I'm out of the alley before he can breathe his last breath.

He did give me an incentive, though.

I've never been proud of my quirk. The drawback was miniscule, but backlash from my parents wasn't good.

I was born with the ability to heal. My mother could turn back time. My father had a quirk that allowed him to assemble objects, such as fixing a puzzle, with a wave of his hand.

My quirk is to turn back time to fix things, like people. Only for that object. However much time I give the object is how much my body ages.

My parents hated it, to say the least.

So here I am. I had heard Stain's message.

Through the things I've heard about the villains - I'm rather unnoticeable, so I can eavesdrop easily - I have found out their hideout.

--- ---

It's been two weeks since I walked into their hideout and offered my services. In exchange for a price, which I had worked out with a man named Kurogiri.

He seemed to be the man who was the least mentally unstable. Kurogiri had a low voice that could give anyone shivers, and his face wasn't visible through the smoke.

I've helped a few of them out with major wounds. I don't do anything minor, at least not with my quirk.

I know basic first aid, so anything minor doesn't require my quirk anyway.

I bandage yet another cut. They're villains, so of course they get into plenty of fights with each other.

Right now, I'm patching up a villain named Dabi. I've never really been friendly with him, but he's not too bothersome.

Toga, on the other hand, was annoying. She likes to cut and stab people at random sometimes, especially when she doesn't get her way. Which is what happened with Dabi.

I wave him away, done with his cut. I'd already tended to Toga's burns.

Sighing, I collapse at the bar.

Kurogiri slides my favourite drink over to me, and I thank him quietly.

"We need more provisions. You are the one who has the least amount of risk when it comes to someone noticing you. Would you accompany me on an errand?" He asks, trying to avoid my usual pissed-off attitude.

Honestly I don't have a problem with him. He's not an idiot, so I haven't ever been angry with him. But he's still weary, and for good reason.

"Of course," I lean back a bit, sipping on the drink. "What type of errands?"

"We need more groceries. More recruitment means more provisions."

"Nice, I guess. I'll go if you want."

--- ---

I look around, annoyed with how bright the store is.

Kurogiri had stayed out in the alley, giving me the money and a shopping list.

I pushed the cart to the next aisle, looking for chips. Villains have terrible eating habits.

That's the last of the stuff on the list.

I check out, grabbing a little something extra for me. I can't resist my favourite treats.

Slipping my bag in my pocket and taking the several, several bags of groceries, I walk back out to where Kurogiri is.

He opens the warp gate for us to go through. I set down the bags, looking at the deserted bar. Of course everyone was out. When would they ever stay in one place?

I growl, starting to help Kurogiri put away groceries. They should help, too.

I reach up to put something in a cabinet, a bit unsteady. I get it in the cabinet, falling backwards.

Kurogiri catches me against his chest. He steadies me and puts me back onto my feet. Feeling my face grow warm, I thank him. He lets go, and I get back to putting groceries away.

I let out a sigh, trying to shake myself of this feeling. Being alone with him. His strong chest and arms against me. His low voice.

Shivers go down my spine.

We finish putting the groceries away, and I give him the rest of the money back, including what I spent on myself. I pick up a book I was reading earlier.

"The math is off." He mumbles to himself. "I should have less than this back."

"Eh, I bought a snack for myself, and paid you back."

"That wasn't necessary."

"I don't want to owe you, or anyone, anything. But thanks," I say, looking back at my book.

He steps forward, setting another drink in front of me.

"Do you like it in the league? You don't seem to be settling in very well." Kurogiri sounds concerned.

I look up at him, a bit sharply. "I enjoy it enough to stay. Most of them are idiots, though, and it pisses me off."

"I understand. Sorry for any doubts I had." He bows a little, turning away.

--- ---

Two weeks after that, and I'm still annoyed at all these idiots. They'd gone and kidnapped a kid, revealing our hideout to the heroes. We'd escaped, but there were obvious injuries.

I had tended to most of the other villains' wounds. I only have Kurogiri left, and his is pretty bad.

Reaching my arm out over his wound, I use my quirk. He had gotten this injury... five hours ago? That seems right.

His body repairs itself to the state it was in five hours ago. I feel myself getting tired. My quirk doesn't take much, but it adds aging to my body bit by bit.

Kurogiri opens his eyes, meeting mine. I rest my hand on his chest, ready to collapse.

He sits up, letting my head rest on his chest. I close my eyes, passing out quickly.

Kurogiri lifts me up, sitting on the couch and holding my head in his lap. The rest had scattered to different safe houses not too long ago, and Shigaraki was in the bedroom.

He lets his quirk move away from his hands, running his hands cautiously through my hair.

"A good thing in a dark world."

"Bull," I mumble, only half-awake. "I'm just as dark as anything."

"Of course you are." He apologizes, a little amused.

"Of course."