5

For the whole week, I continued to practice. Every day I woke up, had breakfast and left. I didn't tell my parents because if they found out, then they'd never let me. You see, my parents don't know about my dancing. I get this feeling that if I told them, they'd get really mad, so I decided never to tell them. Payal never understood but she never said anything about it at all.

It was Friday, the day before the competition. I danced my heart out to the fullest! Every day I danced, I felt even better than the day before. I was looking forward to tomorrow and I couldn't wait!

"All right Khushi, it's time to go home. You ready for tomorrow?"

"Yup!"

She gave me a high five. "All right Khushi!"

She turned to get her stuff when she stopped.

"What's wrong Payal?"

"I just remembered. We have to get you dressed for tomorrow and if you dress up and come out of your room, your parents are going to get suspicious."

"Oh no, then what are we going to do?"

Payal paced back and forth. "I got it! We'll come here, and you'll change. Don't worry about your outfit or your makeup, I'll have it ready. Oh, and this time, you won't look like a ghost."

Normally I would have scolded her but instead I hugged Payal and thanked her. Then we went home, and we slept the night away.

It was morning before I even knew it and once again, those moments from the restaurant replayed again and again in my mind. I never got tired of it, though. I got up and saw that it was 9 o'clock. I got out of bed, got dressed, and went downstairs. Nothing could ruin my day, nothing at all.

Then I stopped in my tracks.

What if Amma or Babuji say something? No, I won't care today. I'm going to ignore everything, eat fast, get my stuff, and speed out of the house. Yeah, that's what I'll do.

In fact, that's exactly what I did.

I ate breakfast really fast and ran upstairs to get my bag. Amma was about to say something but I went right out the door, all the way to the studio. There I met with Payal and she handed me my clothes. I got dressed really fast and she did my makeup.

"Khushi?"

"Yeah Payal?"

"You... you look gorgeous," she gushed.

I smiled. "Thanks Payal, you're the greatest friend ever."

"Tell me something I don't know."

We looked at each other, and then we laughed.

"Are you ready for this?"

"You bet."