44

Kalavati was the one to pick the song, however she was taking her time to pick one, which made me anxious. I was already nervous enough as it is, and now this wasn't helping. As I waited for her to choose a song, I looked at Arnav. A smirk played on his lips, and I knew was enjoying my hesitation, and that changed my mood from nervous to irritated.

At this point, I didn't care anymore. Screw this! Here I am going nervous over him and he's laughing at me. Thanks, thanks a lot!

Kalavati finally picked a song, choosing Teri Ore and I was okay with it. In fact, I once danced to this song at a function, so I was prepared.

As she introduced me to everyone, I glanced at Arnav. He had a smug look plastered on his face and I wanted to go over there and wipe it off with a kiss.

The music started and I got absorbed into it. I danced and enjoyed myself! I didn't care if Arnav watched me. I was too busy enjoying myself. In fact, a part of prided on the fact that Arnav could not remove his eyes from me.

The song ended and I was almost out of breath. Everyone clapped and whooped, and I curtsied. As I walked over to Payal, Anjali, Kalavati, and the rest of the family commented on my dance. Arnav, however, stood there, his eyes on me

I looked him up and down and lifted my eyebrow with an expression that read in your face.

He smiled back with a smug look.

Obnoxious much.

Everyone went to get something to eat, but to be honest I wasn't really hungry. I barely ate actually, and Amma would always complain. As everyone poured out of the room to get food, Arnav caught my arm and pulled me aside. No one was around to see us, which was obviously the reason why he was doing this now. But I didn't feel comfortable.

"What are you doing," I whispered. "What if someone sees us?"

"These people are too busy stuffing themselves down like freeloaders."

I laughed at his remark. "I can't believe you just said that."

He smirked in return, and just as his lips were about to meet mine, Anjali called out for us.

"Saved by the bell," he murmured on my lips before pulling away.

I had to force my brain to restart so that I could release my breath. When the gears began to crank, I rushed over to Anjali, praying for my wits to stay gathered.