105

With our bags packed and ready to go, Arnav and I headed off to my parents' house. Amma greeted us with a huge grin, making me wonder if her face was going to break. Fortunately, it didn't, Babuji trying but failing to calm her down. Instead, Amma continued to beam away, taking her beloved son in-law inside and immediately swarming him with food. The way his eyes had widened with fear, I couldn't stop myself from laughing. My poor husband looked at me for help, but there was no chance of me interfering with my mother's plans, and from the look on Babuji's face, it was clear he wasn't going to intrude either.

Maybe Arnav should be worried about his abs. We had arrived in time for lunch, and not long later, she put out tea and snacks for the evening, and not even long after that, she stuffed Arnav up with dinner, and it was all just so hysterical to watch.

"Amma, if you keep it up, I'll have a bowling ball for a husband," I laughed hysterically.

Arnav scowled at me, and so did Amma.

"Do you think I would ever allow for my son in-law to turn into a bowling ball," she scowled.

I looked at the food in front of me. "Uh, yeah!"

"Nonsense!"

"Amma, you stuffed him up with so many puris at lunch, then there were all those samosas earlier, and now biriyani? And you gave a him a whole-roasted baby chicken? Amma, please, I have an image to live up to, I can't be caught with a Snorlax-looking husband."

"What the f-? Snorlax- me looking like a Snorlax," Arnav scowled.

"If she keeps this up, yes!"

Arnav scowled at me and I only laughed harder. I could see Babuji trying hard not laugh, hiding his grin behind his hand.

"Khushi, you're still such a child," Amma frowned.

I gave her a toothy grin.

"At the age of being a mother, and yet she acts like a child-"

All of us froze for a moment, Amma realizing what she said.

"Khushi-"

"It's fine, Amma."

"I'm so sorry-"

"Don't be Amma, I'm fine, I've moved on from that."

Amma let out a sad sigh and came over to me, giving me a hug. Babuji reached out and placed his hand over my head, giving me a reassuring smile.

"Uh, I'd like to be a part of this moment," Arnav said, and he tried to get up.

"Oh no you won't," I said. "You better finish that roast my mom made for you cause she won't let you go until you do."

Arnav's face fell. "But-"

"She's right, you know," Babuji said, shrugging lightly.

"But-"

"And I'll be upset if you don't," Amma pouted.

Arnav opened his mouth to say something, but he didn't, shutting his mouth with a pout, looking absolutely adorable. Amma went back to his side and cajoled him, getting him to finish his food, while Babuji and I watched away, too entertained.

*~*

Arnav went crashing down onto the bed. "I don't think I can eat again till next year."

I couldn't help but to laugh. "Good luck, who knows what Amma's got prepared for breakfast tomorrow."

Arnav lifted his head to look at me, and when he saw that I was serious, he let out a groan and laid back once more.

I laughed once more and headed over to him, laying down beside him, leaning on my arm for support.

"What's wrong, husband? Tired already," I teased.

"You would know if you had eaten even half of what I ate."

"Oh Arnav," I chuckled, and I kissed his cheek. "You are just too cute!"

He looked up at me, tilting his head. "Me being bloated is cute to you?"

"No – you being a pouty little boy is cute."

Arnav scowled at me.

"Is the little boy trying to be scary?"

Arnav continued to scowl at me and I couldn't help my laughter. I moved over him, straddling him, but Arnav quickly gripped my waist.

"Careful; put too much pressure on me and I'll probably explode!"

I could not hold back my laughter at all, and the more Arnav scowled at me, the harder I laughed.

It couldn't be helped!

"Khushi, this is not funny," he huffed.

"I... it's... oh my gosh," I laughed, wiping away a tear.

Arnav scowled at me again. "Oh yeah, we'll see what's so funny."

Before I could even realize it, I was pinned beneath him, my hands being held down on my sides.

"What's this, you stopped laughing," Arnav smirked.

His face was dangerously close to mine, his lips so close to mine.

"Why is that wife," he teased.

His lips brushed over mine, and when I tried to kiss him, he pulled back.

"Hey!"

"Not so fun now then is it," he grinned.

His grip on my hand slightly loosened, but before he could make a move, I quickly turned us over and pinned his hands down on his sides, besides his face.

"Oh no you don't," I smirked.

Arnav looked up at me in surprise.

"I've been thinking about taking you in my bed, the moment the plan of us coming here was made, and you are not going to take that from me."

"Oh? Is that so," he smirked.

I smirked at him before bringing my lips his neck, moving below his ear before nipping at his earlobe. "Yes."

Arnav let out a small groan. "And what exactly does my wife plan on doing to me?"

"Question is, can my stuffed-up husband keep up," I teased.

He pulled back slightly, his eyes meeting mine. "You're on."

With another smirk, I kissed him before moving to his neck, teasing him away. I kept my grip on his wrists, still keeping them pinned down besides his head.

Tonight, I was in charge.

"I'm going to let go of your hands now," I murmured into him. "But you will keep your hands up here, in place."

"And if I don't," and I could hear his smirk.

"I will tie you down like they do in those pornos," and I nipped at his ear.

A small groan escaped his lips as he pulled back to look at me. It was clear that he was surprised by my words, but I was very serious.

This night will not be ruined and will go the way I want it to.

"I think you left that part out when I had asked you what you had seen," he said.

I simply shrugged in return. "But I will do it, you are not ruining my night."

Arnav only grinned. "Ruin your night?"

"That's right. I've been picturing this moment all day, so you will not ruin it."

"Alright then wife - do to me whatever your heart desires," he smirked.

My lips went crashing over his, kissing him rather intensely before pulling back. "With pleasure, husband."