107

"Good morning, wife."

A smile instantly spread on my face as I slowly opened my eyes, finding Arnav beneath me. He smiled back at me and cupped my cheek, placing a kiss on the top of my head.

"Morning hubby," I murmured into him.

"Sleep well?"

"Hmm."

"Still sleepy?"

"Hmm."

"Only capable of one word responses?"

"Hmm."

Arnav chuckled and it vibrated through me, giving my body a warm and fuzzy feeling. I nuzzled into him and made myself comfy, having zero intentions of getting up.

Turning us over, Arnav settled me onto my side. He ran his hand over my back, which only comforted me more. He tried to pull back, but I tightened my grip on him.

"No," I pouted.

"But I should head downstairs, it's getting late."

"No."

Arnav chuckled and placed a kiss on my head. "You sleep in, I'll head downstairs."

"No."

"Khushi," and I knew by his tone that he was grinning. "You can stay asleep, but I have to show how good of a son in-law I am."

I peeled my eyes open, even though it felt like my body was shouting against it. "You are a good son in-law."

"Then allow me to continue to being a good son in-law."

I pouted at him once more, but Arnav only chuckled in return, placing a kiss on my cheek.

"Sleep; I'll see you downstairs later," and he got up to start the day.

A part of me tried to get up, but I just felt so darn tired! That is mainly my fault though, I won't deny it - I couldn't keep my cool, so to say, last night. But it is what it is, and it's not like I can sleep in back home, so why not here?

*~*

"Ah! Finally decided to grace us with your presence, eh?"

I itched at my eyes and looked up to see Amma scowling at me.

"Amma," I whined. "Not first thing in the morning, would you."

"Morning? This girl thinks it's still morning!"

Babuji chuckled beside her, reading the paper.

"Its past 12 o'clock!"

I rolled my eyes. "Don't act like this is new, I've done this throughout high school and college," I muttered as I sat down at the table and rested my head in my arms.

"You don't say."

I looked up at the sound of my husband's voice, who came in with a plate and set it in front of me. Confusion filled my face as I looked at the omelette which appeared to have mushrooms and spinach in it, as well as the slices of toast and avocado slices.

"You made breakfast," I gasped.

"I did," Arnav replied proudly.

I looked at him and Amma in shock. "You actually allowed your precious son in-law in the kitchen?"

"More like forced her to let him in," Babuji said, to which Amma scowled at.

"It's like I told Amma," Arnav said, turning my attention to him. "You're usually the one getting up early with the others back home and making everyone breakfast, so I thought why not let you sleep in and I make breakfast for you for once?"

I only gaped at him.

"Well don't just sit there looking like a fish out of water, eat," he grinned.

I blinked out of my shocked state and grabbed a fork. I dug right into the omelette, and I have to say, it's really good!

"Wow Arnav, I didn't think you had any culinary talent."

"You know that I can cook, I've told you that before," he frowned.

"You'll have to forgive me if I thought my boyfriend at the time was only lying to impress me," I winked.

"That's husband to you," he scowled.

"I said at the time," I teased.

"Well he isn't lying," Amma frowned at me. "In fact, he's been helping me prepare lunch," she beamed, going over to him and hugging him.

Ugh, geez!

"Reminds me of when I used to help you," I hinted, reminding her that I was not a useless daughter.

Just in case, you know, cause moms tend to do that around other people.

"Do I hear a hint of jealousy," Arnav smirked.

I squinted at him, growling slightly.

"Relax Khushi," Babuji chuckled.

"What," I said innocently. "Amma likes to forget these things around people, I'm just reminding her."

Amma only rolled her eyes. "Alright, alright, enough. You eat your breakfast, or rather brunch, and we'll head to the kitchen. Come on bitwa!"

Arnav happily followed Amma to the kitchen and I could only wonder what the dynamic duo was up to.

"Oh, before I forget," Arnav said, reappearing into the room.

He came in and set down the teapot, sugar, as well as a cup for me.

"Enjoy your brunch, wife," he winked at me, before retreating to the kitchen.

I could only gape like a damn fish and Babuji laughed beside me, setting his paper down for a moment to pick up his cup of tea.

"I have to admit, his tea is really good, as well," and he took a sip.

What?!

Pouring some for myself and adding sugar into the cup, I took a sip of the tea and was shocked - it actually was good!

I looked at the food and then at the tea, then looked up at the entryway of the kitchen.

"He's a talented young man, all around," Babuji smiled softly.

I looked at him.

"I'm happy you found someone like him to spend the rest of your life with."

"Yeah... I'm happy too," I smiled softly.

"That's all that matters," Babuji smiled.

He turned his attention back to his paper and I continued eating my break- sorry, brunch.

So Arnav, you can cook, huh?

My brain rattled as it thought, still not quite awake. But as I drank more tea, it slowly awakened and the rattling stopped.

Well, I think I've just come up with a really good idea!

Getting my phone out of my pocket, I texted Dai, and she was absolutely excited with my idea!

Perfect!