96

Arnav definitely came home quickly that night, and the moment I saw him from the living room while all of us were having our tea, I immediately started laughing. Nani, Mami, Dai, Di, and Payal all looked at me oddly yet relieved, since they hadn't seen me laugh in so long, but my husband scowled at me as he joined us and sat down.

"Akash didn't come with you," Dai asked him.

"He's still working," and I couldn't help but to giggle again.

I could see the other ladies glancing between us, trying to piece our inside joke, but I could only focus on my grumbling husband.

I paid the price at dinner, however, Arnav holding my hand the entire time we ate, refusing to let go. It wasn't like I was fully complaining, it felt like the old days again. But it was quite flustering when Nani asked if everything was okay, only for them all to later piece together what was going on. Even little Nishan grinned at his Mama and Mami like he understood what was going on.

With dinner complete, us ladies helped clean up and then called it a night. When I got up to our room, I found Arnav in bed, chilling out and watching TV, which surprised me. Although we had a TV in our room, I was the one who mainly used it. Arnav barely watched TV, and usually when I would come up after dinner, I would almost always find him sitting on the lounger on his damn laptop.

I shut the doors behind me. "No more work today?"

"Well, given that you've cleared my schedule, no, none at all."

"Uh... huh...."

Confused, yet entertained, I changed into my nightwear, opting for one of Arnav's t-shirts and my jammies, then got in bed beside Arnav. I watched whatever show that he was watching, cuddled into his side. He had his arm wrapped around me and held me close to him, never once letting go. We were so focused on the show, we never realized when time passed, when the clock buzzed at midnight from the alarm I had set earlier in the day.

I looked up at Arnav. "Happy birthday, baby."

"Thank you," he smiled down at me, and I reached up and kissed him.

I could feel the slight hesitance from Arnav, but I only continued to kiss him. I moved over him and straddled him, sitting on his lap as I continued to kiss him. My hands wandered beneath his shirt and to his abdomen, feeling those hard ridges.

"Khushi-"

"Don't stop me Arnav, please. I need this," and I kissed him again, Arnav groaning against me.

It was as if all the desire I had locked up for these past few months, had erupted and come free. There was nothing that could hold me back, making that very evident when I reached down and removed the shirt that I was wearing. And it was if the locks and chains that held Arnav back had snapped and let lose, his mouth taking my breast in his mouth immediately and ferociously.

I missed this, I missed all of this. I missed Arnav's touch, I missed being in his hold. I missed feeling him against me, feeling his love for me. It's not that he didn't, but the physical aspect had been missing.

And I needed it.

"Arnav," I moaned. "I need you."

"You have me, baby," he said against my nipple before teething it.

I bit back my moan, my grip on his hair tightening. "Arnav, I... I need..."

"What do you need baby? Anything you want, I'll give it to you."

Tugging on his hair, I made him look up at me. Love and desire were evident in his eyes, as well as pride – pride he had within me, and I knew my eyes reflected it as well, along with hunger.