9

Khushi stared in disbelief. There is no way this studio can be demolished!

She looked at the man. "You can't do that!"

"I can't but he can," he said, gesturing to Mr. Ajnabi.

Khushi glanced up at the mystery man while the other continued.

"He just bought this dump and-"

"Excuse me, a dump?"

Khushi became furious; she couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"Did you just call this place a dump? Do you have any idea about this place?! This place existed when we were colonized! Many of our people have come here and have danced and enjoyed themselves here! They had a place to get away from the bustling city and to enjoy the environment. They laughed and enjoyed themselves here, and you're calling it a dump?! This place is worth a lot more in its history than in your stupid money!"

Khushi was fuming. Payal couldn't remember the last time she had seen her like this, but she didn't stop her; what Khushi was saying was all true.

"Listen lady," the man began, "I'm just doing my job. The place has already been bought and the contract is almost fully signed, so you know what, I can't do anything."

Khushi stared at him, fuming. She thought her brain just might explode! She turned around on her heels and her mystery man watched her. She walked to get her stuff and she grabbed Payal, then dragged her out with her. Khushi could feel him staring at her but she was too mad to feel mushy. When they reached the entrance Khushi turned back to look at him, Mr. Ajnabi already staring at her. She couldn't understand what he was thinking, but she didn't care. Instead she gave him one final glare and whipped back around, storming away, her hair bouncing as she left.

Although Khushi was long gone, Mr. Ajnabi continued to stare in that direction,

"Sir-"

He turned to face the contractor and then looked back to the entrance.

*~*

When Khushi and Payal got home, they tried to figure out what they could do to save their precious studio, but they realized that a big man like Mr. Ajnabi, and two middle class girls like them, couldn't really do much. They decided that tomorrow that they'd go to the studio really early before it was gone forever.

The night the incident that happened between Mr. Ajnabi and Khushi replayed through Khushi's mind, and she didn't like it. She was too mad at him for his decision and didn't want to think about him at all. But every time she would shut her eyes, he kept coming to her mind.

The next day Khushi and Payal went to the studio really early. They went inside to remember the memories they had in there. Khushi took her trophy, which she had left there, and then she and Payal went outside and waited for the demolition to occur. When they left yesterday they heard it would be destroyed at nine in the morning. It was already 9:30 yet nothing had happened. They waited longer and when it was 10 they were confused.

Wasn't the demolition supposed to happen already, they wondered.

They decided to go back in when a car pulled up. Out came the man that had been with Mr. Ajnabi the day before, and he approached them.

"Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada has decided to leave the building as it is," he announced.

He walked over to a poster that was put on the wall, which stated the site would be demolished, and he ripped it off. He went back into the car and left. The two ladies were motionless until they screamed with joy and ran back in. They spun around in happiness and hugged each other.

"Oh my gosh Khushi," Payal shrieked. "Can you believe it?!"

"No, I can't! But... but how?"

"Who knows, maybe after seeing his lover react like that, he decided to stop the demolition," Payal said, giving her a sly look.

Khushi gaped at her. "What- Payal ki bachi!"

Khushi chased after Payal and caught her, the two girls laughing.

"So, Mr. Ajnabi now owns this place, huh," Payal said, glancing around.

"Well, it's not really Mr. Ajnabi; that guy said his name is Arnav."

"Oh? So now you know his name huh?" She elbowed Khushi and she glared back at Payal. "Alright, gosh! So, his name is Arnav."

"Payal say it politely. You don't know him, so it's Arnavji, not just Arnav."

Payal stared at her. She clasped her hands and bowed her head down "Tusi great ho!"

Khushi nudged Payal, her complaining, when they heard the sound of rain. Khushi rushed over to the window. Whenever it rained, it always made Khushi happy.

She turned to Payal. "Hey you know that song from the movie Guru?"

Payal was already at her bag with her iPhone in hand. "Already one step ahead of you."

She played the song Barso Re and the two danced together. They were so happy, especially Khushi since it was raining. She had her payals on today which made her even more happy.

Khushi moved to the beat and she danced away. Payal had stopped because she noticed someone was standing at the entrance. She looked to see who it was, and her eyes widened. She looked at Arnav, and then she turned to see what he was looking at and saw that he was gazing at Khushi.

It took a moment before Khushi noticed that Payal had stopped and saw that she was looking at something. She stopped to see what Payal was looking at and saw Arnav at the entrance, standing there and looking at her.

When her eyes met his, Arnav walked towards her.

Khushi felt her nerves spring up. Oops!

He came in front of her and was only a few inches sways, causing Khushi to look away.

"Surprised?"

Khushi's eyes snapped back up to him. His voice was velvety and raspy, not to mention sexy!

"Surprised? Surprised about what," Khushi questioned.

"Surprised by the fact that this place is still up."

Khushi didn't say anything because she didn't have anything to say. All she could focus on was how good he smelled - and he smelled really, really good.

Arnav smirked and walked around the room.

"After hearing what you said yesterday, I decided to not destroy this place." He turned back to face Khushi.

"Well... thank you... for realizing the history of this place."

"No problem." He continued to walk around and then he looked out the window. "Wow, some view this is."

Khushi shrugged. "And you wanted to destroy this place."

Arnav turned back around and faced her with a smirk. He walked back to the entrance. "Yesterday when decided I wouldn't destroy this place, I hoped that there would be a benefit out of it. I come here today and find out that there actually was a benefit."

He put his aviators back on and walked out.

Khushi was puzzled. Benefit? What's the benefit?