108

It would be some time before my plan with Dai could come to play - no matter. For now, I would just have to wait and see what my precious husband would serve.

Literally.

I can't deny that since I had no responsibilities, I was totally taking advantage of it. I mean seriously, I was acting like I was 16 again, laying on the couch, watching mindless television, my leg hanging over the top.

Don't judge me, this is my moment of delinquency.

"Someone's very relaxed."

Turning my attention away from the TV, I looked up to see my husband.

"Eh," I shrugged, and looked back at the TV.

Arnav only chuckled and sat down beside me, placing his arm over my dangling leg.

I looked him up and down. "Done already?"

"Almost, not yet. What are you doing?"

"Watching mindless television and being a slob."

"Ah, of course," he teased.

I stuck my tongue out at him and Arnav only chuckled.

"It's nice to see you relaxed like this," he smiled softly.

"You mean dangling my leg over the couch," I teased.

He chuckled once more, moving his hand over my leg. "This is a rather interesting sight; I don't think I've ever seen you be so... not proper before."

"Could you imagine the look on everyone's faces if they saw me like this at home,"I scoffed lightly. "Nani would disown me so quickly."

"You know that's not true."

His expression was sincere, but I only shrugged lightly.

"Well, maybe not exactly disown, but could you imagine any in-law being okay seeing their bahu like this?"

"I don't think parents are okay with it either."

Well.... "Touché."

Arnav chuckled lightly and moved my other leg, which was behind him, and placed it on his lap, then brought my dangling leg around and placed it on his lap as well.

"Thanks for doing that, I was loosing the feeling of my leg," I chuckled.

"Happy to help. ...Khushi, there's something I want to ask you."

"Shoot."

"Since we're on the topic of this... do you not feel comfortable? Back home, I mean."

"Why would you think that I don't," I frowned.

"It's not that I think you don't, however... I don't know, I see a slight difference between you here versus you back home. For example, I don't think that in the one year and three months that we've been married, have I ever seen you in sweats and a t-shirt, outside of our room."

"Well that's not true - I've worn this stuff when I go to the gym."

"That's because you have to; it's not like you've dressed up like this to be in comfort."

"Well I can't exactly do that, Arnav."

"And why not," he frowned.

"Because it doesn't work that way. Besides, what would everyone think?"

"Since when did it matter what everyone thought?"

"Oh come on Arnav," and I rolled my eyes.

Picking my legs off of his lap, I got up; there just is no point to this conversation because I knew he wouldn't understand. However, it seemed like Arnav wasn't done yet, so he grabbed my hand and pulled me onto his lap.