33

Arnav had the office closed on the day of the wedding, which was a good thing for me. I got ready for the night, feeling nervous. This was the first time I'd be going to an event where Arnav and I were official. I don't know why, I mean it's not like we'd be going together, nor would people exactly know, but I just felt really nervous.

Letting out a sigh to ease my nerves, I grabbed my phone and went outside to meet up with Payal. We both left together, and we arrived to wedding venue on time.

We were greeted at the entrance and went straight to the bride. We went running over to her, hugged her, and congratulated her.

We were in the midst of our conversation, when someone covered my eyes.

"Guess who it is," the voice said.

My mouth dropped. No way, it couldn't be!

I turned and faced him - I couldn't believe my eyes! I looked at him up and down. He looked amazing and I couldn't believe he was here.

"Viren," I shrieked.

He smiled and hugged me. When we hugged I knew that this was reality, but I still couldn't believe it!

He released me and I looked at him. "Oh my gosh! What are you doing here?!"

"I'm here for the wedding, what else?"

"Well obviously! I can see that! But seriously! Oh my gosh! I thought you went to England!"

"Yeah I did. But then I got a call from my mom and she told me about the wedding and I knew I just had to come. It's my friend's wedding, and I'm not here? Not happening."

We hugged again and Payal was still in shock. After bringing her back to reality we talked and laughed when all of a sudden my heart sped up. With the way it was beating, I knew there was only one reason why, so I looked towards the entrance...

And there he was.

Arnav walked in with Akash and he handed the professor a gift. He noticed me gawking at him and I flinched, looking away from him as I felt blush creep onto my cheeks. Viren noticed it and asked what was wrong, but I simply I shook my head, assuring him that nothing was up, but I could feel Arnav looking at me, my back feeling paralyzed, especially since my back was on display. Well kind of actually. The back had a string zigzagging across and ending at the bottom, all tied up. My lehenga was red and it was bejeweled.

"Hey Khushi, want to dance," Viren asked.

"No," I responded quickly.

Payal and Viren looked at me like I was mental.

"Whoa," Payal said. "Since when did you decline dance offers?"

I played with my hands, glancing at the source of my nerves – Arnav. For some reason, the idea of dancing before Arnav, just made me so nervous. Obviously, it wasn't like I had done it before but now... now things were different and I... um... eep!

Payal noticed me looking to the side every now and then and caught on.

"Fine," Viren said. "I'm not going to force you."

He walked away and Payal nudged me.

"Well, well, well," she said loud enough for only me to hear. "Arnav's here and your feet turned to jelly? Wow!"

She nudged me again and I was about to say something when the lights went down. Music started to play out of nowhere and dancers were dancing. I recognized the song immediately; it was the remix version of Jhalak Dikhlaja. The beginning beat played and the dancers danced. When the first few lines began, Viren came out of nowhere. He started to dance with the song and the dancers moved along with him.