28

Slightly pulling away, I released myself from Arnav's hold. I could see the small frown that covered his face from the corner of my eyes, and I have to admit, he did look rather cute.

"How am I your idiotic, dramatic girl," I asked, my voice low as I looked away.

Arnav placed his finger beneath my chin and tilted it up so that I would look at him once more. "Don't you remember what I said to you all those weeks before?"

Of course, I did... but I also remembered everything else as well.

I nodded. "I also remember your disappearing act," I said daringly.

I may be in love with the man, but that didn't mean I would ignore everything the way I had ignored my true feelings.

Arnav looked away, and this time I caressed his cheek, having him look at me. His eyes slightly widened as his gaze met mine, but it was only for a brief second. We simply gazed into each other's eyes for a moment, when he looked down and let out a sigh.

"It's only right that I explain," he said, his voice soft.

Arnav quickly got up and moved behind me, sitting behind me and wrapping his arms around me. While I was a bit stunned by the position, as well as very giddy, I shoved the giddiness aside, and listened to him sigh, his warm breath tickling my exposed shoulder.

We haven't even patched things up that long, yet we're already so couple-y! Eep!

Arnav kept his hold on me, secure, and buried his face in my hair. I felt my body come alive, but I tried hard to ignore the feelings.

"I... I don't even know where to start."

Oh?

"That night... the way that I just said that... I...."

As far as I had known Arnav, he was not a man of broken words. Having worked with him for as long as I have, I can tell you that this man now is not that man.

"You need to know Khushi, that I've never been in a serious relationship before."

My eyebrows shot up on their own.

"I have been involved with other women, just nothing ever serious. I've never wanted to - I never cared to. Love and emotions... it's just not who I am."

Well this is interesting.

"And then you popped up into my life and I... I didn't know who I was anymore."

Oh?

"After bumping into you that day... I couldn't get you out of my mind! Hard as I tried to focus on something else, I couldn't. And then I saw you again at that competition and I... I couldn't stop wondering how it was possible for you to come before me again, the girl who had completely taken over my mind!"

Wait, so he was affected immediately from the moment we met? Blush came flooding into my cheeks as the thought processed.

"And then after that, you reappeared again, and this time it was to work at my company. The moment I realized it was you, I didn't even hesitate to hire you, I just wanted you near me. Then finally that night I did and I...."

Arnav remained quiet and I glanced back at him.

"After telling you that I loved you, I was in my own state of shock- me, being in love with someone? Impossible!

"When you stepped away from me, I was at war with myself, trying to figure out how and when all this happened, who I even was anymore. Scared with myself, like a coward, I left that night..."