132

I'm quite amazed at how quickly Rita managed to find so many applicants. I don't know how she does it, but Rita never fails to surprise me.

But I couldn't focus on that now.

When I arrived to work on Monday, there was a black envelope waiting on my desk with my name written in cursive on it, in gold. Curious, I opened it up and withdrew a card.

You are cordially invited to a one-night only event starring Arnav Singh Raizada, making his debut performance this Saturday at 9 PM.

Oh? Being a little fancy are we.

My phone began to vibrate in my pocket, and like I suspected, it was Arnav calling.

"Shall I assume you're RSVPing to the event," he asked when I took the call.

"How could I not," I smirked.

Turing around, I looked out the windows and over to Arnav. He was sitting at his desk, looking at me.

"A little too fancy though, don't you think," I asked, waving the card.

"I was advised to do it," he shrugged lightly as he chuckled.

"Advised to?"

"Well, let's just say I got a little help from Payal."

Of course! Why didn't I think of that? I should've told Payal from the start, she would've been a total help! Geez, way to blank out great brain of mine!

"Penny for your thoughts," he asked.

"Mm, nothing of importance. However, I'm curious - what should I wear?"

"Don't you worry about that either."

Huh? "Meaning?"

"Meaning you'll see soon enough for yourself."

"Okay, now I'm even more curious."

"Remember what it did to the cat," he teased lightly.

I couldn't help my smile. "I know you'd never let anything happen to me."

"Never," and his promise was evident in his voice.

"So I've got nothing to worry to about."

He grinned, lightening up the mood.

"But for your sake, tell me."

"Like I said, you'll see soon for yourself. Talk to you later wife," and he hung up.

Hmm, well it wasn't the answer I wanted... but oh well! I have to wait till Saturday anyways for his performance, what's a little wait on what else Arnav's got in store?

*~*

The following morning, after having failed to figure out what Arnav was up to next, I found a present waiting for me at my desk. It was a big black box, wrapped up with a gold ribbon. A card was nestled within it, reading my name on one side, while the other side read wear me on that special night.

Oh la la! What did hubby get me this time?

Opening it up, I found a beautiful black and gold lehenga inside.

What the-!

Right on queue, Arnav called me and I quickly took the call.

"Arnav, this is absolutely beautiful," I gushed, still gaping at the outfit.

"I'm glad you like it," and looking over at him, I see that he's smiling.

"I love it! Judging by the black and gold from this and from the card yesterday, I'm assuming there's a theme?"