39

Payal understood from my voice that I was really off. She met up with me and took me home. I don't get this girl sometimes; I mean seriously like you could've told me to go home and meet up with you then but oh well.

She made me change because she wanted to go out to a club. Before I could even say anything she shut me up and made me change, shoving me into the bathroom. I didn't get all club-dressy and just wore a loose white and gray tank top, black leather jacket, and leggings.

Payal wouldn't let me talk and we ended up going. When we got inside the club, I could barely hear myself think!

"Payal," I shouted over the music. "When I meant I needed a distraction, I didn't mean this!"

"Oh whatever! When was the last time you let loose?"

Truth is I don't remember the last time I had time for myself.

She dragged me over to the crowd and she started to dance. I stood there like an idiot, looking around at everyone. At least no one was noticing me and were stuck dancing.

Payal stopped when she noticed that I wasn't dancing and looked at me as if I were someone else.

She dragged me off to the side. "Dude seriously why are you just standing like that," she asked.

"I don't know... I don't feel like dancing and I don't think this was the right kind of distraction."

"Why not," a voice said.

Oh no.

I turned and faced Viren. "What-?"

"What am I doing here," he finished for me. "Well," he said as he walked over to Payal and placed his arm around her shoulder. "Payal told me everything in time, which I'm sure you know by now. She texted me while you were getting ready to come here, and I knew I had to help a friend out."

"But your flight-"

"Cancelled it. Didn't feel like going back," he said, smiling.

I simply looked at him. He's so sweet. I hugged him and he hugged me back.

"So, what's this that I hear about you not wanting to dance," he asked.

I smiled and gave him a sly look. Just then another song went off and I looked at Viren with a questioning look. He understood and we went to the dance floor and danced. Letting loose, I felt amazing, not to mention free. I haven't felt like this in a long time. I didn't care if the song sucked or if it was old - I just wanted to dance.

The three of us were dancing when Payal stopped. Her face lit up and I turned to look at what it was that made her all bubbly. Of course, it was Akash.

For the first time he wasn't dressed like he was going to a conference, and I must admit, it just seemed weird. But the next sight was even more surprising.

In he came, not dressed like he was going to work, but like an average guy, in a white t-shirt and dark-washed jeans. I thought my eyes would pop out from their sockets because of how wide my eyes were. I blinked into reality as he came behind Akash.

No way that's him.

I clutched my heart and Viren noticed.

"What is it," he asked.

"Huh? Um, nothing. Just... nothing," and I moved my hand away.

Turning away from Arnav, I tried not to think about him. I wasn't going to let one guy spoil this moment and I definitely won't let him control me. Glancing back around at him, I looked him up and down one last time, and went back to the dance floor, taking Viren with me.