68

When I got home, almost everyone was ready. The house was now crowded with family, relatives, and family friends. While everyone finished getting ready and added the final touches to the decorations and preparation, I waited in my room, completely anxious. Eventually, guests began to pour in, and they partied, pumping themselves up for when we would go to Arnav's home. After Amma and Babuji got ready, we headed out. As we left, I looked back at what I once called home. It was the last time I would be in my house as a single woman and who knows when I would be back again to spend a night there again.

We arrived at Arnav's home and there were so many people! Everyone watched me as Amma and Babuji guided me to the mandap. I felt so nervous, even though I stared down at the ground and tried to calm myself down. But it was quite hard since the guests' stares were drilling through me. I would look from the corner of my eyes every now and then and my anxiety only built from all of the stares, until I looked up.

There he was, my husband-to-be, looking handsome as ever! I gazed at him as I walked forward, all the nervous feelings and jitters disappearing. Everyone else disappeared and I felt confident, and there was nothing more that I wanted other than to become a part of him.

I was seated down next to him and we glanced at each other from the corner of our eyes. Seeing Arnav in a sherwani was delight, since all he ever wore were those suits of his. The colors matched mine, and I couldn't help but wonder if his was custom made as well.

The ceremony began and I took in a deep breath and let go, easing my shoulders. We did as we were told and stood up and made our seven rounds - our seven vows, Arnav holding my hand the entire time. As I followed behind him I knew that this was exactly what I wanted and that I wanted to be with him forever. And as I went forward and led us around the flame, I felt confident and happy, and I would be so, forever.

We sat back down, and Arnav was handed the little pot of sindhoor. He took off the lid and took a pinch. As he moved his hand up and ran his fingers through my parting, my eyes drifted shut. The feeling that I felt at that moment... there were no words that could truly describe how I felt because no such word existed. All I understood was that I was beyond happy, and it seemed as if I was reborn as a new person, a new woman, a new Khushi.

Arnav placed the mangalsutra around my neck, his touch sending sparks up my spine. Everyone clapped and cheered, and the two of us gazed at each other.

Arnav was now my husband. I was now his wife. I was now going to begin a new life. I was now Khushi Singh Raizada, wife of Arnav Singh Raizada. He was mine, and I was his.

There was nothing that could ever break us apart nor anything that could ever come in the between us.