20

I was behind Payal when we were walking back. It was out of nowhere when someone grabbed me by my arm. I was about to yell when I saw Arnavji's face. He looked right at me and I stared back, afraid. I looked away to call Payal but she was already gone.

Damn it!

"Let go of me," I said, refusing to look at him.

"I don't think so."

He put his hands on my waist and pulled me in. I gasped. We both stared into each other's eyes for a moment, when his phone rang. He let go of me and took his call and I dashed away, going back to the bathroom. I put my hands on the sink and took in a deep breath.

What just happened?

Why is it that as much as I wanted to resist him, he kept coming to me more? I try not to think about him, yet he comes to my mind all the time! What happened that night... I don't know why he said what he said, but I said it because I lost control of my mind. My heart... it just....

I groaned in frustration and got out of the bathroom. I had just gotten out, when my heart began to race.

I closed my eyes and clutched my heart. Oh no, not again!

All I saw were moments that Arnavji and I had shared. Why is this happening to me? I opened my eyes and saw Arnavji coming this way. As he came closer my heart raced more and more.

So, he's the reason....

He came up to me and was about to say something when I put my hand up, looking away from him. He shut his mouth and I looked up at him and stared him down, then walked away, leaving him as he turned around and stood there, watching me.

I don't know why I did that; I only did what needed to be done.

I got back to the party and Payal came to me.

"Are you okay? You look awful!"

"No, I'm not and I'm leaving NOW!"

"But-"

I walked away and left the building. Payal came behind me and we both left. She kept asking me in the car what happened, but I didn't say anything. When we got back home and out of the car she asked me again.

"Khushi, what's wrong?"

"I don't know what's going on with me, but I don't want to see that man again!"

"What? What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about Arnav! Every time he comes near me my heart races up. He's always in my mind!"

I looked away and huffed really loud.

"Well," she said, coming in front of me, "maybe it's because... you love him...?"

Say what?!

"What?! Are you out of your mind?! No, I don't! Okay!" I walked away but I stopped and turned to her. "Look Payal, I'm not trying to be mean but don't try to tell me who I'm in love with nor who I'm falling in love with - that's for me to decide, so stop trying to plant shit in my head!!"

I turned away with a huff and went home. I couldn't believe it. How could she say that? Whatever, I don't care anymore. I don't love that man and that's the end of that!