91

Not once had Arnav reached out to me and the day had finally arrived when Viren would marry me. A part of me wanted to fight, to call this all off, but I was drained, and I worried for the child within me. And because of me, Amma and Babuji had refrained from anything, as I had asked.

This so-called wedding was practically nothing, very few people having turned up. But it also turned out that the invitation list had been short, as Viren hadn't wanted too much of a "riot" or so he called it.

I sat in my room in my crappy outfit, which was nothing near my real wedding outfit. My mind kept wandering back to that night, remembering pheras we had taken, and the evening spent with the family, as well as the night we had spent together.

Now a little over a year later....

I glanced down at my tummy, running my hand over it. Viren could try to claim me as his all he wanted, but I was always going to be Arnav's, just as he was mine. Right now, he was down and insecure, but I still hoped that Arnav would get himself together and come back for me and our coming baby.

Amma came into my room and when I looked up in the mirror, I saw that Viren was with her as well. I discreetly moved my hand away from my belly, hoping that he wouldn't notice and find out.

"He has something important he'd like to tell you," Amma scowled, and she stepped away, grilling him down before leaving.

"Amma-"

"There's nothing for you to worry about, Khushi," Viren quickly said.

I wanted to snort. Ever since he started this nonsense, there's been nothing but worries for me.

Viren stepped into my room but didn't come so close to me. "Look Khushi, I know it's not traditional for the groom to see his bride before the wedding..."

I tried very hard not to roll my eyes.

"...but I can't go into this marriage without being honest."

Huh? He had caught my interest.

"Remember when you went away for your... honeymoon," he gritted out. "Well I actually followed you guys there."

He what?!

"And those noises you heard? That was me."

My eyes widened as I gaped at his reflection.

"I didn't want for you and him to get close, but no matter what... you always... and when I called you numerous times... you barely picked up and you even shut your phone off!"

I couldn't believe the things he was saying.

"I followed you guys around because I didn't want that monster near you-"

I whipped around, facing him. "The only one who's a monster is you!"

He shook his head. "I see we're still mad. No problem, I'll fix that after tonight," he said, moving in close.

"Stay away from me."

Viren paused and shrugged with a small smile. "No problem, it's only a matter of time until you're in my arms and mine."

"The only person who I'll ever belong too is Arnav."

"Here we go again! Khushi! Get it through your head! He doesn't love you! Okay?!"

"How would you know?!"

"If he really loved you, he wouldn't have let some dumb pictures just get to him! He wouldn't have kicked you out! He wouldn't have made you signed fucking divorce papers! Now I suggest you forget your ex-husband and start making space for me. After tonight, I'll make you forget he ever existed," he said with a smirk and he left the room.

I was so disgusted I tossed things off of my vanity table. I couldn't believe this guy! Impossible! One way or the other, this wedding has to stop!