49

After all the dragging, we managed to get there just in time. Payal guided me to the tryouts and we both got ready. I couldn't believe this chick! Once again she goes ahead, signing my name up for something without my permission and I asked her why she did it.

"Oh, please Khushi! Last time you got your lover, remember that?"

She had a point.

"Besides, what's there to fear? Not like he's here for you to freeze up. He's frozen back there himself," she giggled.

Once again she was right, and I felt bad for leaving him like that.

Payal was about to say something when someone said "well if it isn't Khushi?"

I looked at Gehna, looking as stubborn as ever.

"I can't believe you made it. I was worried you wouldn't be able to, but then I thought maybe she got cold feet."

I lifted an eyebrow and she smirked and walked away, tossing her hair back while turning.

"Can you believe her," Payal asked.

"No, I can't. Honestly, that chick needs an attitude adjustment!"

I shook my head and tried to forget about it. The crew called us up and we each auditioned. I got a little nervous and when it was time, I felt really nervous.

Gehna noticed the look on my face. "Oh, it's okay Khushi. It's not like you would make it anyways."

She did not just say that!

I ignored her and put a confident look on my face. Then I thought, who cares? It's all about having fun and enjoying yourself. So, I went out and gave it all I had! I don't even remember what I actually did. All I know is that they liked my moves and accepted me. What a relief to get off my chest!

I went back to get my things when I noticed a text from Arnav, him asking me to call him. I called him immediately.

"Khushi where are you," he asked.

"I just came back from my audition."

"Did you make it?"

"...yes...."

"Congratulations! ...so... that means I won't see you as often, right?"

"It means I need days off from work?"

He sighed. "Alright, but only for you, babe."

Aww! "Thank you," I blushed.

"You're welcome, love."

I was about to say something when Gehna had to interrupt.

"So Khushi, I heard about how you were supposed to get married to Viren."

Oh no! Here we go again! Ever since we went to school together, Gehna was always jealous about the fact that the one guy she was crazy for, was one of Payal's and my best friend. Sometimes I think that's the reason why she hates me so much.

"It's so sad that he called it off right there. But oh well. Now you're back to being lonely."

She turned on her heels and walked away. What a bitch!

"What the?"

I snapped out of my thought, remembering that Arnav was on the line and that he had heard everything.

"I'm just going to ignore her," I said. "It's a long story, and I'll tell you later."

"No problem. You can tell me when you meet me after this."

"Um... I don't that's an option," I nearly whispered.

"Why?"

"Because they're already starting practice?"

"Are you serious?"

I feel so bad! "How about I meet you tomorrow?"

"Can't, I've got big meeting."

"I'll come by after everyone leaves?"

He took a moment to decide. "Fine, but you better come over," he grumbled.

"I promise, I will," I smiled.

We said our goodbyes and I went to practice. Payal and I were excited that we were doing this together. I noticed Gehna had a look on her face and that she was looking at us, but I chose to ignore her.

The day passed by and so did the next. I visited Arnav as I had promised and he held on to me the entire time, not once letting go of me. I would have removed myself from his lap, but he had discovered a weakness of mine - my neck. One nuzzle was all it took for me to melt into putty! So, in his lap I remained, in absolute comfort.

We spent the night away there and before it got too late, I told him I had to leave because I had practice. He didn't like the fact I was too busy, but he understood.

For the next few days I practiced, barely having any time for Arnav. He didn't like it at first but eventually understood. However, while he was understanding, I secretly hated. Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful for the opportunity, but I miss spending time with Arnav.

It was almost the night of the show and I was nervous. It turns out that every week, contestants would be eliminated.

Yikes!