12

I got ready for a whole new day. Luckily I had finished up with the file yesterday otherwise I'd have so much to deal with. I left the house and it wasn't long before I arrived to the office. As soon as I got into my room, I glanced over at Arnavji's and realized he still hadn't arrived.

Where is he?

Just as the thought escaped my mind, he came walking in. I watched him from above, as he walked towards his room, everyone saying good morning to him.

At 12, his secretary called me and took me to the conference room. The room was very big, it containing a long table in the middle, made of glass, with leather-padded chairs surrounding it. The walls were white, though only one wall was made of glass, letting you look out to the rest of the floor.

I followed behind Arnavji's secretary and she led me to my seat. There was actually nameplate where my seat was, and it quite surprised me.

A nameplate for me? Already? Heck yeah!

Though this was very exciting and made me feel quite good of myself, I noticed the position of my seat and whose it was next to - my seat was the first on one right side, seated right beside the head-chair, whose owner was none other than Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada himself.

Thank goodness other employees began to enter the room, or I might have actually squeaked out in shock, damaging the poor secretary's ears, forget my own. We all sat down in our appointed seats, and soon enough, Arnavji came walking in, taking his seat.

Don't meet his eyes! Don't meet his eyes! Don't- wait, what? Why?

One of the employees started us off and we all gave him our undivided attention.

"...going through with this deal will be a really good thing for this company," he grinned.

Uh, no, it's not.

I scoffed lightly, but it was loud enough for everyone to hear in the now-quiet room, and all eyes turned on me.

Way to go Khushi, what a way to get attention!

"Do you have something to say," Arnavji questioned.

Uh.... "Well... in fact, I do."

He continued to look at me as well as the others.

Oh boy! "Well... I went through these files and looked at the amount we'd be spending versus the amount we would be making – it would be nothing more than a tremendous loss."

Everyone whispered around the table but for Arnavji.

"Is that so," and he leaned back into his chair, running his finger along his lips.

Um.... "Yes sir, really. The materials cost way too much, and we aren't charging enough. And even if we were to, I highly doubt the client would even want to pay that much."

"I see... and you're sure about this?"

"Yes I am. I went over it continuously and kept thinking over and over again as to why we would make such a deal? Who came up with this deal anyways?"

"To tell the truth, it was the old accounting manager who came up with the proposal."

"Well I guess you did the right thing firing him then."

"Indeed, I have."

We both looked at each other while everyone else was talking amongst each other. Arnavji broke off and he told everyone that the meeting was over. I was about to leave when he called me.

"Khushi?"

"Yes sir?"

"Job well done."

I smiled. "Thank you sir." And with that I walked away.

~

D

ays continued on like this and before I knew it, work had become a normal thing for me. On my days off, Payal and I would hang out at the studio, all day.

"So how are things between you and your boss," she asked.

"Normal, why?"

"Oh, nothing... just asking," she grinned.

I rolled my eyes. "Payal, what are you thinking now?"

"Well don't get mad, but I was thinking maybe you and him had some boss-secretary relationship," she winked at me.

What?! "Payal! How could you even-"

"Khushi relax! You're not even his secretary," she laughed.

"Thanks yaar, thanks a lot!"

"Have there been any other incidents between you and him?"

"Now that you mention it... no. I wonder why?"

"Maybe it's not the right moment yet. Oh yeah, you said you had something you had to tell me - so what's up?"

"Oh yeah, I almost completely forgot. Arnavji is throwing a company party the day after tomorrow at work, and I can bring one person."

"Really? I'd love to go! Hey what should we wear?"

"I'm tired of wearing work clothes, I think I'll go traditional to the party."

"Alright... oh! And I know exactly which one you should wear."

"Oh no, here we go!"

"Oof ho Khushi, relax! You'll look gorgeous and your Arnavji won't be able to resist you."

I frowned at her. Who knows what's going to happen that night.