46

When I got to his home the following morning, I was welcomed by their house worker, Hari Prakash. He led me to the living room, and I sat there. I made sure my hair was covering the mark properly, even though it was mostly covered up by makeup. I had been looking at it so much that I practically memorized where it was.

Nani came in and welcomed me. We spoke for a little bit, then Anjali and Kalavati joined us. They sat down and we talked until Arnav came in. He was in sweats and a white hoodie, completely sweaty from his morning run, but he looked absolutely sexy. I couldn't help but to gaze at him, but I had to control myself. After all his family was in the room.

He told me to follow him up to his room, so I excused myself and followed behind.

I handed him the files when we entered his room, and he looked at it. There actually was some work to be done in those files, but it hadn't taken me long to complete them.

"Good," he simply said, and he went to his laptop.

"Really," I scowled.

"What?"

"You're sweating like crazy and you don't bother to clean up immediately?"

"It's just a few seconds; I've got to tell our client-"

"Clients come after everything. First you need to go freshen up."

Arnav stood up, but instead of heading towards the bathroom, he came towards me.

"Why should I listen to you," he asked, his voice velvet.

"For your sake, my sake, and for humankind's sake," I teased.

A small smirk played on his lips. "Have I told you that I love you?"

"Yes, now go," I grinned.

He simply grinned in return, then pulled away, grabbing a towel and going into the bathroom. Shaking my head, I walked out of his room and bumped right into Anjali.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, I didn't see you-"

"No, no, it's okay," Anjali said. "Come join us for breakfast."

"Oh, it's okay-"

"You have to join us, please?"

I couldn't deny the offer and she told me she'd be right back. Instead of waiting around for Arnav, I headed down to the dining room. Hari Prakash was setting up the table and I decided to help him. At first he was telling me not to but after a lot of convincing, he let me help him.

I set out the food as he put the plates down. Nani, Kalavati, and Anjali soon came in and were surprised that I was doing this. They asked why I was doing it and I said that I wanted to do it. They smiled at that and looked at each other with a look I couldn't quite understand.

Slowly the whole family started to pour in, Arnav coming in last. I sat across from him since Nani wanted me to sit next to her. She asked me about my family, my education, and my interests. I told her everything and Arnav looked at me the entire time. I ignored him because I knew I wouldn't be able to stop looking at him.

"Chote?"

"Huh," he replied clueless. He turned to Anjali, and she was looking at him questioningly.

"You look lost."

"Oh, it's nothing Di, just thinking about work stuff."

"Okay...."

Arnav drank some water, then got up. "I'm going to be a little late today, so don't wait for me."

"Why," Kalavati asked.

"I have a few extra things to do."

With that, he strode away before she could even press on. He looked back at me. "I'll take you to work with me," and he walked away.

I got up and followed him behind. I heard a few whispers, but I couldn't make it out clearly. I didn't let it get to my head and ignored it.

We arrived to work together and went to our own ways. For the rest of the day, I remained focused in my work.

It was almost time to leave, when Rita came in and told me to quickly check a few papers and then wanted me to give them Arnav myself because she was leaving now. She left and then I began to wonder.

What extra work did he have, that he had to stay late?