92

As badly as I wanted for all of this to stop, I had no idea how I was going to do that! I tried hard to think of anything, but soon Amma was at my door, ready to take me down. Dismayed, I followed her down to the mandap, my face fully covered by my veil. While no one would be able to see my face clearly, I was able to see just fine from under my veil. I saw Viren and his smug face, sitting at the mandap, and all I desired was to bash his face in.

I'm normally not a violent person, but I am super pissed and pregnant, which was not a good combination.

The rituals began and Viren was looking overconfident. Meanwhile, I prayed that this wedding would stop one way or the other.

The pandit noticed that there was no mangalsutra and Viren dug into his pockets to take it out. He wanted to just get it over with, wanting to place it around my neck. He was trying unhook it when my heart sped up.

It couldn't be... could it?

I looked at Viren and saw that he was having a little trouble unhooking the necklace. Everyone else was too busy watching Viren struggle, but I could care less.

Could it really be?

I looked up and my heart nearly came out of chest. There stood Arnav, and I stood up as well. Nothing else mattered to me and I made my way over to him, people beginning to notice as I walked away. Even Viren finally looked up from the damn thing and noticed that I was no longer sitting next to him, but standing before Arnav, shocking him.

Neither Arnav nor I said anything, standing before each other. He brought his hands up to my veil and removed it, and when he caught sight of me, his breath hitched. Knowing Viren, I knew he would've been too arrogant to look and notice that I had my mangalsutra on and my parting already filled.

"Oh baby," Arnav muttered, and his lips found mine, clashing down onto them.

I heard several gasps around us, but not one part of me cared. I tossed my arms around Arnav and kissed him hard, not wanting to let him go. I was angry with him, yes, but I missed him so much!

Arnav slightly pulled back, leaning his forehead against mine. "I'm so sorry for doing this to you baby, I really am, but I had no choice."

I looked at him in confusion. "What do you mean?"

Arnav opened his mouth to respond, but just as he did, police came swarming in, shocking everyone. The commissioner came in as well, and the two men by his side went to Viren and cuffed him.

"What the hell-!"

"Viren Chakraborty, you are under arrest," the commissioner said.

"Arrest," I questioned, my eyes darting from the aged man, to Viren, to Arnav. "What's going on? Why is he being arrested?"

"For blackmail."

"Blackmail?"

Arnav nodded and I looked up at him. Clearly he knew something that I didn't, and I wanted the truth right now.

"Several weeks ago, Mr. Raizada had reached out to me," the commissioner said, turning my attention to him. "He let me know how someone anonymously had reached out with threatening messages."

I looked up at Arnav in shock. He never told me this.

"At first I didn't take it seriously," Arnav said. "I just thought it was some bullshit, but the messages were getting worse and worse... and then a photo was sent to me."

I felt Arnav's grip tighten on me, and I didn't like the sound of his voice. "What kind of photo," I asked softly.

Arnav's eyes met mine. "An intimate one...."