48

The next few months went by great. Spending time with Arnav, I had no clue when time passed by! Even on my days off, I would meet up with him and we'd spend the whole day together for as long as we could.

Spending time with him, though, also had its defects. I barely had time to dance. So, I decided that that I would only meet up with Arnav after practice. Often times, he would just come to the studio, claiming that I was too tired and exhausted and needed to rest.

Sure, okay.

Today he had come to meet up with me at the studio. I had just finished practicing when he arrived. I was about to sit down when he pulled me down onto his lap.

Sigh... the things he does.

"Why-"

But I got cut off.

"KHUSHI!!!"

I looked up to see who it was, only to see Payal come charging at us. I stood up immediately and moved aside, not because I was embarrassed... okay maybe, yeah, but I really moved because I knew she'd crash into me.

But luckily she didn't, which was good. She held onto my shoulders and caught her breath. Arnav looked at me with his 'what the' look.

Normally I would frown at him, but this time, I had to agree.

Payal got her breath back to normal. "Guess what?!"

"Uh-"

"There's a new competition in town and that girl, you know the one I couldn't stand cause she's a snob? What's her name...?"

I immediately knew who she was talking about. "You mean Gehna?"

Payal's face twisted as if she had just tasted something absolutely disgusting. I mean I didn't like Gehna myself but that's just mean! Although Payal didn't care.

"Yeah, that's her. Well I was signing us up when I saw her. She had already signed up and oh! Am I gonna punch her or what!"

"Why?"

"She said, and I quote, 'oh it doesn't matter that you two are dancing because I'm a star'," Payal said lifting her hands in the air when she said star.

I couldn't help myself but to laugh. The last time anyone had seen that girl dance was at prom, and she was terrible! I don't mean to be mean, but I'm being absolutely serious.

"But uh... there's something else...."

"What?"

"I followed her, and she was practicing... and well... she was... good?"

My mouth dropped. No way. That's not possible!

"It is," Payal said, reading my expression.

"Where is she now?"

"Well, the competition is kind of different, I'll give you the details later, but yeah there's a practice thing, and then they're having a tryout thing and I saw her practicing and... yeah."

"So..."

"So now we need to get our butts over there and go do the tryouts!"

"But-"

"But nothing!"

She grabbed my arm and pulled me along with her. She turned back and apologized to Arnav and then dragged me again, while I looked back at him with an apologetic look.

Arnav stared blankly. "What the...??"