13

As the party was tonight, all of the employees were given the day off and didn't have to go to work today. Payal came over to my place with her outfit and she was going to help me out with mine, though she was taking quite some time, digging through my closet.

"Payal, honestly, I'll just wear some random-"

"Are you crazy? You're going to a party with your fellow coworkers, not to mention the man you love-"

"Payal!"

"Oops! Sorry," she chuckled.

She turned back to my closet and took out a lehenga. "Now this one - this one is the baby you're wearing tonight."

She placed it on my bed, and I looked at it, my eyes widening when I realized which one she had pulled out.

"Are you crazy? I can't wear this," I exclaimed."

"Oh? And why not?"

"Because... I can't..."

I shouldn't!

"Because you're afraid to expose your shoulders to your Arnavji?"

I looked up at her, eyes wide in horror.

"Khushi stop worrying and you're definitely wearing this. Is that understood?"

I sighed. There's no point in fighting with this chick because she always wins!

"Okay," I huffed.

I got up and headed for the bathroom to change. A couple of minutes later, I came out in my lehenga: the choli was red and it started off of my shoulder and went around in a v-ish shape, though not exposing too much cleavage. It was designed with silver jewels and beading, and if I'm going to wear this, I'm definitely keeping my hair down.

Payal had already changed and she looked me up and down, grinning in approval. She made me sit in front of my vanity and held my shoulders, placing her head atop of mine.

"This outfit screams I want you to be mine forever," she grinned.

I laughed and then the both of us finished getting ready, doing our makeup and adding final touches. When we were done, we went outside and found a car waiting for us.

"Ms. Gupta," the driver questioned.

"Yes, that's me."

"Mr. Raizada sent this car for you."

Oh?

Payal and I looked at each other in surprise, then went in the car. The driver drove us over to the office, and we got out. Inside was full of people, the room buzzing with talk and music.

"Whoa," Payal said. "All these people were invited?"

"Yup. Some of these are workers, others are clients, close business friends, partners, and so on."

Payal simply nodded, still stunned as she looked around.

"Wow!"

"What?"

"For once, you're speechless," I chuckled.

"Oh, hush it!"

We laughed and I showed her around the office.

"Wow! Khushi this is your room," she exclaimed when we went up to my room.

"Yeah."

"Awesome dude!" She looked out and pointed. "Whose room is that?"

"Oh, that's Arnavji's."

Payal turned to face me with a roguish grin. "Oh? Well someone's got a nice view," she winked.

"Oh, stop it! Now come on, let's get back to the party."

"Why? So you can see if your Arnavji is here yet?"

I frowned. "Shut up."

I dragged Payal back to the party, and just as we returned, Arnavji's secretary came rushing over to me, looking very panicked.

"Ma'am, we have a problem."