61

I didn't know what to do. I simply stood there, frozen.

Anjali walked towards us. She stopped in front of me and looked at me. I clutched on to the sides of my lehenga and looked away; I couldn't look at her face. I was embarrassed and I was scared, I didn't dare to look at her face.

She walked towards Arnav and stood in front of him. She looked at him and he simply looked back at her.

"I can't believe it," Anjali said. "I can't...."

She turned away for a moment and then looked back at him.

"That day, when Dia came all those months ago... I saw how you two were really close... but I didn't think... I told Nani and Dai, but they didn't think...."

My eyes widened. Wait, Nani and Kalavati know?

"And that other night before... you two took so long..."

She looked away and she shook her head. She kept her eyes closed for a moment, and then she looked at Arnav seriously.

"I should've known... all those months ago... I should have known."

Arnav continued to look at her; he had a straight face on. Then suddenly, Anjali looked him in the eye and grabbed his ear.

"How long have you really been hiding this from me," she grinned.

Wait a minute! What?!

Arnav looked at her, surprised, ignoring the fact that she was holding onto his ear tightly.

"Tell me Chote? How long? Huh?" She pinched his ear harder.

"Di," he exclaimed but Anjali cut her off.

"What Chote? I thought you told me everything. So why didn't you tell me anything about this?"

"Di...."

"Di what? Tell me," she grinned.

He looked at me, but I turned away. Anjali noticed that he was looking at me and pinched his ear harder.

Arnav yelped. "Di!"

"What? I see you can't take your eyes off of her. It's okay, as soon as I leave you can have her all to yourself," she winked.

I blushed. I couldn't believe what was going on!

Anjali let go of his ear and came in front of me. She placed a hand on my cheek, and I looked at her, still scared.

"My Chote's taste isn't so bad," she teased.

I blushed and she smiled slightly.

"I'll leave you two alone for now."

She smiled again and she left us alone. I remained frozen as Arnav came up to me. We looked at each other and looked back in the direction she went.

I clutched the sides of my lehenga again. I didn't know what to think and my mind remained blank. I shook my head, trying to make my brain work. My hair came in my face and Arnav moved it away, tucking it behind my ear. He touched my face while doing so and I shuddered.

Arnav stood in front of me and I looked at him in confusion. He caressed my cheek and looked me in the eye.

"It's okay," he said softly. "We can trust Di."

I wanted to believe him; I really did. But I don't know why, for some reason I couldn't take it in. He saw the hesitation on my face and kissed me softly. At first I remained still, but then I melted into him. I let go of his arms and pulled him into me, wrapping my arms around his neck.

I don't know why I did it, I simply knew that I had. It felt like something was about to happen and I didn't want to face it.

I came up for air and caressed his face. Giving him an assuring nod, we went back, not knowing what was about to happen.

~
50 stars and I'll post the next one 😉