128

Did my poor husband look anxious? Hell yeah! But was he going to let his fears get the best of him? Hell nah!

Arnav tried to bring some confidence to him, it even making a small appearance in his eyes. But this was a matter of chance - if Nani ended up turning the music off when the pillow was in Arnav's hand, then it truly was over for Arnav, allowing for me to reign supreme.

"I'll tell you what," Nani said, "since the song is about to end, whoever ends up having the pillow in their hand when the song is over will be the loser and performing for us. Okay?"

I saw Arnav's eyebrow slightly arch up, his eyes slightly widening as well, which immediately made me curious.

"What's with the look, hubby," I said loud enough for only us to hear.

Arnav glanced at me and then looked away. "...nothing."

I carefully looked him up and down, and then it all quickly made sense. "You don't know this song, do you?"

His eyes immediately met mine and I had my answer.

"Oh my gosh, please tell me you're joking," I gaped at him.

"Why would I be joking," Arnav frowned. "You know that I don't watch Bollywood stuff."

"But this song is a damn classic! How do you-? Your wife dances to Bollywood music, you'd think you'd have learned something by now," and I rolled my eyes.

Arnav only shrugged. "Clearly you have the advantage here."

I glanced at him. Oh honey, you have no idea!

"Let's get started," Nani beamed, and she played the music.

Arnav passed the pillow to me and I passed it back, it going back and forth between us. Everyone else cheered around us, the ladies cheering for me while the gents cheered for Arnav. By my guess, there had to be like a minute of the song left, which meant this pillow would be getting quite abused as we both passed it back and forth. And funnily enough, every time Arnav passed the pillow to me, it once again felt like he was trying to dispose a bomb. It made me want to laugh so badly, but I kept myself composed - after all, I had plans - I had a strategy that needed to be played out.

I will have things go my way; this is not the office that things will just go the way my dear CEO-of-a-husband wants it to. This game will be my game, and I will reign supreme in this, just you wait and see!

The song was coming to its end, it was just a matter of seconds! I glanced at the family, their faces making it clear that they understood that the song was about to end as well. I glanced at my husband, and given that he was looking around at the family, he could tell as well by their expressions as well that the song was coming to its end. Unfortunately for him, he just didn't have a clue exactly when it was going to.

Alright Khushi, this is your moment! You have to play this out right or you won't get it right!

Decreasing my speed, I passed the pillow to Arnav. While he continued to pass the pillow like it was a ticking time-bomb, I played on casually.

The final lyric is coming up, don't blow it!

I casually passed the pillow to Arnav, and knowing him, I knew he was going to immediately toss it right back like it was on fire! And just as I expected he did, and I fumbled with the pillow, losing my grip.

"Song's over, the song's over," Nani exclaimed.

Both of our eyes immediately darted to the others while everyone stared at the pillow in my hands.

"No," the ladies cried out, while the guys all cheered on Arnav.

Arnav looked at me wide eyed, his eyes darting from me to the pillow, and back. 

"So much for that then," I grumbled, tossing the pillow aside.

"Aww, it's okay Khushi betiyan," Nani cajoled. "On the plus side, we finally get to see you dance after so long."

The others cheered along, making it clear that they were quite excited to see me perform.

"I guess," I sighed, and I got up, making my way over to my phone.

Going through it, I went through my songs. "Any song choices?"

Several song names were thrown out at me, but I didn't pay much attention. Instead, I snuck a glance at my husband, who was still glued to his seat, still looking quite surprised.

"How about I choose a crowd favorite?"

Arnav looked up at me and I returned my attention back to my phone, choosing a song. Once selected, I gave the phone to Nani, who took a glance to see which song I selected.

"Ooh! One of my favorites," she beamed.

"I had a feeling," I winked, then headed off to take my place.

It wasn't long before people realized what song was on, and everyone but Arnav cheered, clapping and hooting.

Don't blame Arnav, he's still clearly recovering from shock - he may even have PTSD for all I know.

Ishq Jaise Hai Ek Aandhi, Ishq Hai Ek Toofaan
Ishq Ke Aage Bebas Hai, Duniya Mein Har Insaa
Ishq Mein Sab Deewane Hain, Ishq Mein Sab Hairaan
Ishq Mein Sab Kuchh Mushkil Hai, Ishq Mein Sab Aasaan
Dekho Pyare, Ye Nazare, Ye Deewane, Ye Parvane
Hai Ishq Mein Kaise Gum
Tumse Milke Dil Ka Hai Jo Hal Kya Kahein
Ho Gaya Hai Kaisa Ye Kamaal Kya Kahein
Tumse Milke Dil Ka Hai Jo Hal Kya Kahein
Ho Gaya Hai Kaisa Ye Kamaal Kya Kahein

It was super clear how much Nani was loving it, I mean even she was up, grooving along.

Dil To Hai Ek Raahi Jaana, Dil Ki Tum Manzil Ho
Dil To Hai Ek Kashti Jaana, Jiska Tum Saahil Ho
Dil Na Phir Kuchh Maange Jaana, Tum Agar Haasil Ho
Dil To Hai Mera Tanha Jaana, Aao Tum Mahfil Ho
Ishq Se Hi Saari Khushiyan, Ishq Se Barbaadi
Ishq Hai Paabandi Lekin, Ishq Hi Aazaadi
Ishq Ki Duniya Mein Yaaron Khwaboon Ki Aabaadi
Kho Gaya Wo Jisko Manzil Ishq Ne Dikhladi
Dekho Pyare, Ye Nazaare, Ye Deewane, Ye Parvaane
Hai Ishq Mein Kaise Gum
Tumse Milke Dil Ka Hai Jo Haal Kya Kahein
Ho Gaya Hai Kaisa Ye Kamaal Kyaa Kahein
Tumse Milke Dil Ka Hai Jo Haal Kya Kahein
Ho Gaya Hai Kaisa Ye Kamaal Kyaa Kahein 

The family erupted with cheers as I ended my performance, all of them leaving Arnav behind and coming over to join me. Our own little dance party started up on it's own, everyone just having fun and dancing, even the little ones having joined us.

I looked over towards my husband, and there he remained, still in his seat, lost in thought.

Think about it as much as you want, dear husband of mine... think about it as much as you want.

~

Don't forget to jam that vote button :D