71

The day passed and not once did Arnavji come to bother me, thank goodness! I spent the rest of the day with Nani, Mami, Dai, Di, and Payal. We worked, joked around, had tea, and had a wonderful time. There were several moments throughout the day where I missed Amma and Babuji, but they all quickly distracted me from my sorrow. I really, truly am lucky to have such wonderful in-laws!

Soon Bade jeejaji, Chote jeejaji and Akash came home. They freshened up and came to the table, ready for dinner. Dinner was placed on the table, but one person was missing.

"Where's Chote," Nani asked.

Earlier, I had gone up to see what he was doing, and he was glued into his laptop. Luckily for me, he hadn't noticed me - otherwise who knew what he would have done to trap me.

"He's working on his laptop," I told her.

Dai scowled. "No matter where he is, whether it's at the office or at home, he's always working!"

"That's not my fault Dai."

Everyone looked up at Arnavji as he came in and sat down in his seat.

"Seriously Chote," Di began, "why can't you let go of work for once?"

He simply frowned at her and ignored her.

Everyone dug in and spoke of their day. Eventually we all finished, and I helped Dai, Di, and Payal to clean up.

Once again Arnavji took his sweet time and was the last to finish - that is, he finished eating once Dai, Di, and Payal had left. He got up, holding his plate out to me, and I took it to the kitchen.

Well that's odd, I thought as I placed the plate down. He didn't even try to stop me or tease me... well that's good.

Suddenly I was whipped around and brought into Arnavji's arms.

Eep! Looks like I spoke too soon!

"Did you want something," I asked, somehow managing not to stutter.

"Wear something special tonight," he smirked lightly.

What? "Why?"

"Because I'd like to look at you and admire you. Besides... it's not like you'll be wearing it for long."

My eyes widened and a devilish grin spread on his face. I looked into his eyes; he was really serious, and I wouldn't be able to avoid it.

With that said, Arnavji let me go and left. My heart raced up and I shut my eyes, hoping to regain control of it. Hard as I tried to calm down and focus on cleaning the dishes, my heart continued to beat erratically.

After everything was complete, I slowly made my way to my room. I was afraid to go in, thinking that Arnavji was already in there, but when I stepped in, he wasn't.

I sat down on the bed and sighed. What do I do?!

I tried to think of something, but nothing came to my head! Frustrated, I stood up.

What do I do?!

I was too busy fighting with myself when I heard the door shut. Arnavji had come in and he looked at me.

Oh no.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me in. At first I looked at him wide eyed but then I looked away.

"Looks like someone doesn't want to listen to her husband," he teased.

I glanced at him.

"But it's okay," he continued. "It's not like it really matters."