52

It was the night of the finale. Practice was absolutely nerve-breaking, and they were doing new things, it was just plain crazy! Thinking about it all is making my head spin.

The other contestants and I were ready, and we waited backstage. I was talking to Payal when the show started. We watched from the screen as they began the show. The host was talking and Payal and I were talking when I heard the host say "...today's show sponsored by the one and only Arnav Singh Raizada!"

What?!

I automatically turned to the screen. There he was, dressed up as usual and he was shaking hands with the host.

What a liar!

I was about to say something to Payal when Gehna shrieked., nearly taking our ears out. We turned to look at her and she looked like she was about to drool.

"Oh my gosh," she shrieked. "He's so hot!!!"

Oh no she didn't!

"Oh my gosh," she continued. "If I win, he would hand the trophy over to me and..."

Gehna began to wander off to her own world, lost in her thoughts. I wanted to go over to her and give her a piece of mind when Payal held me back. I was about to argue with her when Arnav came backstage.

"These are the finalists," one of the crew members said.

Arnav walked over to the other two contestants and shook hands with them. Gehna was about to shake hands with him when Payal stepped in front of her and shook hands with him.

Honestly why did she do that for?

He shook hands with her, a cool look on his face. Even Payal had a cool look on her face.

Should I be suspicious? I think so.

He walked over to Gehna and shook hands with her.

"Hi," she said flirtatiously.

Really sis?

I was about to pounce on her when Arnav walked over to me and held his hand out. "Well then. If it isn't my accounts payable manager?

What game is he playing?

"Well if it isn't my boss," I said, playing along.

"Wait," Gehna said. "They know each other?"

Payal gave her a no duh' look.

"Congrats on making it this far."

"Thank you, but um, if you don't mind me asking... shouldn't you be away at a conference?"

"Well someone special that I love asked me to come here, and I felt bad, so I cancelled."

My eyebrows shot up. "Really?"

"Yes."

I looked him up and down. It was pretty obvious that the conference was absolute nonsense. I crossed my arms and gave him a look that read this act of yours isn't working.

He folded his arms and replied back with a look that said really?

"What are they-?"

"Ssh," Payal cut Gehna off.

"No," I said to him. "It really isn't."

He put his arms down and smiled at me. I smiled back and put my arms down as he came closer to me. He caressed my cheeks in his hands and kissed me, and I kissed him back, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"What-!"

Payal put her hand over Gehna's mouth, irritated that she kept interrupting.

I let go and grinned. I looked at him and clung onto him.

"So, how'd you like my little lie," he asked.

"Clever... you got me, but next time you won't."

He pulled me in closer. "Is that a challenge?"

I pulled him in closer, our chests meshing, not that he cared a bit. "Yes," I replied.

He kissed me once more. "I'll see you from the crowd." He gave me a final kiss and left.

Sigh, is he the best or what?

"I can't believe it," Gehna exclaimed. She had an aggravated look on her face, but it quickly twisted into a smirk. "So, you and your boss huh," she questioned. "What do you do to get a raise?"

That is it!

I went up to her face, only a few inches away from her. "Unlike some people I don't need to do anything. I do my work and appreciate everything I have. I'm not jealous of others and I'm not trying to steal things that others have, nor am I making slick and bitchy comments because I'm incapable of getting things on my own!"

Ouch I thought, as I realized what I had said. But there was no way I could stop myself. What she had said was just plain wrong! I can't believe she even thought that!

Gehna walked away with a devilish glare and I glared back.

"Whoa," Payal said.

I shook my head. Forget being nervous with Arnav in the crowd - I had enough of a boost to make me perform in front of him a hundred times over! I didn't care if he was here to watch me. In fact, I was excited and was ready to show off my moves.

One of the crew members came in. "You girls ready," she asked.

Oh yeah, I'm more than ready.