53

One of the other two girls that I didn't know went first. After her, it was my turn. Normally I'd be nervous, but not today. I was completely fine, amped up all thanks to Gehna.

They called my name and I went out. This week's performance was way different than the previous ones. This time, the stage was designed excessively and there was a pool for one of the performances, on stage. Aren't these people very creative? Also, we'd have background dancers, which was one of the reasons why this week was very irritating, having to get all the dancers in sync.

I went out and waited for the curtains to rise. The background dancers were ready, and they gave me a thumbs up and wished me good luck. I prepared myself as the curtains went up. I had chosen an old classic and I loved this song a lot.

I had chosen the song Chaiyya Chaiyya and when the song went off, I transformed into a whole other person. I know I should be nervous and wondering if I'll make it to the next round, but I didn't care about it at all! I didn't care if I lost nor if I won. I just wanted to have fun, and so I did.

There was a bit of chemistry between me and one of the background dancers since this song was a duet. The song ended and I was holding on to my partner. Everyone went crazy and I was smiling like crazy, catching my breath. The judges made their comments and we went backstage.

I was catching up on my breath when Payal attacked me. She let go and spun me around and I went spinning into Arnav's arms.

When did he even... oh forget it!

I held onto him as he picked me up and swung me around. He kissed me and held my face. "You were amazing," he said.

"Thank you!"

I kissed him and let go. After all, I still needed to catch up on my breath. I turned and saw Gehna rolling her eyes at me.

Ignore her, just ignore!

Gehna went out and performed. We watched and honestly, the girl could dance. I couldn't believe my eyes. I mean what happened to the girl who always used to stay in the corner alone? I mean yeah everyone has that moment where they break out of their shell, but wow!

She came back and looked at me. "Don't think you're going to win Gupta."

"Oh, I don't."

"That's right! D- wait what?"

"I said I don't. I honestly don't care if I win."

She gave me a look, squinting away. She walked away and I just stared at her with a confusing look.

"What the-?"

I didn't even bother to finish my sentence.