84

I was way to pissed off in the morning. Everyone had noticed it, but I didn't care. I didn't even want to be in the same room as Arnav! As soon as he left for work, I felt a whole lot better, though there was anger still bubbling within me.

Later in the afternoon Viren came over.

"Hey Viren," I said as I hugged him. "What's up?"

Just then Arnav came in. Really, of all days, you had to come home early today?

"Nothing really," Viren said. "You crossed my mind today, so I thought I'd see you."

My eyes widened. How long has it been since someone said something like this to me? I mean this may have been in a friendly essence, but still.

"Aww, Viren! You're so sweet!"

I gave Viren a tight squeeze and he hugged me back. I noticed how Arnav was standing there the entire time and watched our little exchange.

Oh well for him.

I let go of Viren and Zoni came into the room.

"Khushi bhabi-"

Zoni stopped in her tracks and looked at Viren. Both of their eyes met each other and oooh!!! I see what's going on! Just then Di called Zoni and she quickly left.

I nudged Viren on the arm. "Oh ho, kya baat hain Viren," I asked.

"Nothing."

"Sure... hey! Want to stay over for lunch?"

"Um-"

"Don't speak, you're staying whether you like it or not," I admonished.

Viren frowned at me return and I gave a toothy grin.

"Alright you win," he rolled his eyes.

I beamed with a clap, and stood up, Viren standing up as well. I linked my arm with his and took him to the dining room, ignoring Arnav's existence, all the while I knew he was watching.

Just because I was mad at him, didn't mean I couldn't feel what felt like a hole he had created while staring at my back.

We walked into the dining room and everyone sat down for lunch. Arnav stormed in, with a pissy mood - I don't care.

I sat down and made Viren sit next to me. We talked so much and fooled around, and I noticed Arnav getting pissed. Oh well for him.

I noticed how Zoni looked every now and then, so I came up with a plan. After everyone was done eating I quickly cleaned up.

Viren decided to leave around 6 and before he did I got hold of Zoni.

"I have an idea," I sang.

"Oh no," Viren said, looking at Zoni. "It's going to be bad."

I slapped his arm. "Shut up Viren. And no, it's not. I was thinking we should all hang out Friday night. You know, go out clubbing and dancing?"

"See what I mean?"

I nudged his arm and he fought back. Zoni laughed at our childishness. I looked at Zoni and asked her what she thought.

"I don't know... it might be fun," she shrugged.

"Might be," Payal asked as she came into the conversation like the eaves dropper she is. "Of course, it will be!"

"Exactly," I said, putting my arm around Payal shoulder. "It'll be fun, and don't worry, no one will be coming home drunk."

"Aww! Really?"

"Yes Payal, really. Come on, you're married now - don't want to make a bad impression on the in-laws," I frowned.

"Yeah, you're right," she sighed. "Alright then, but you can't stop me from dancing, okay?"

"I was going to say the same thing to you, but since we're on the same page...."

"Okay then," Viren said. "If you two are in, then I am too."

"Me too," Zoni said.

"Alright then," I said. "Four of us then. We'll meet up with you there then Viren, say... at 8?"

"Sure, but what about-"

"It's okay; that night Nani, Dai, Di, and both jeejajis are invited to a party so yeah."

"And what about..."

"Oh," Payal said as she immediately realized what he was talking about. "Akash is going away for a conference. What about Bhai?"

"I don't know," I simply replied, irritated by the mentioning of him. "What does it matter? He's too busy with work anyways."

"Um... okay. So, then it's just us four, okay?"

Everyone nodded and Viren left. I went up to my room and was about to do some file work when Arnav snatched the file out of my hand.

"What the-" but I stopped myself. I didn't want to finish my sentence.

"Why aren't you done with this file yet?"

"You know you snatching it out of my hand isn't going to make it finish any faster," I said, snatching it back.

He was about to say something, but I cut him off.

"Well what are you doing standing around? Go to your stupid laptop and do whatever you do."

He scowled and went to his laptop. I shook my head and continued to work. Neither me nor Arnav were hungry, so we stayed up here. Viren called me a while later and I talked to him for the rest of the night, all the while I worked.

We joked around and were laughing like crazy. Arnav got irritated and he got up and took my phone, hanging up.

"Arnav," I yelled. "What the hell?!"

"I am trying to work here but-!"

"That's all you ever do! What the hell is your problem?"

"My problem is you-!"

I flinched, feeling the tears come to my eyes. My vision blurred as realization dawned over Arnav.

"Shit, Khushi, I'm so-"

I stormed out of the room, slamming his laptop shut as I did. I stormed through the house until I made my way to the patio, sitting out in the backyard. My tears flowed free as the evening breeze surrounded me.

I hated that this was how things were between Arnav and me.

And I didn't know what to do.