23

It took about half an hour for me to reach the arcade. For some reason, this was a place where I could let things go out of my mind. Yeah the studio does that too, but this place was filled with noise, which for some reason made it better.

I walked in and made my way to my one and only favorite thing out of everything. It was one of those dancing games, like dance dance revolution, only it was livelier, and it made careful watch of your moves to give you points, kind of like on the game consoles.

Some guys were going against each other. The one who was winning was on the left and he was gross and fat.

Yuck! Surprising how he's winning though.

The other guy was plain and bony, and he had no moves whatsoever. The game ended and the other guys won by about 2,000 points.

"Nice try kid," the fat guy said.

The other guy was coming off the stage when someone pulled me by my shoulder, that someone turning out to be Payal.

"What are you doing Khushi," she asked me.

"What do you think?"

"So," the fat guy said. "Who's next?"

No one dared to put their hands up but me.

He gazed at me - gross! "Come on up."

"Khushi no, don't," Payal said, but I ignored her and went up.

"Aren't you a pretty one," fatty tried to say seductively.

I faked a smile and gave him a smug look. Not on your life! I turned away, completely grossed out when right there, I saw Arnavji, dressed casually.

What in the world is he doing here-? Of course - if Payal's here, then of course he's here.

I stared at him and he stared back. Boy was I angry at him, hanging out with my best friend like that. It built up more anger within me.

I turned to face my opponent. "Shall we start?"

"Sure, why not. But how about we start slow, so you don't hurt your pretty self?"

I gave him a smug look. He chose the level and pressed the start button on his side, while I pressed mine. The music started out slow, and then it started to pace up. I watched the screen, checking what moves to make next. Things were good at first and it was steady.

"Not bad," I heard him say.

Arnavji moved up and stood next to Payal.

I turned to look at my opponent and smirked. "Why not make this a little more challenging?"

"You sure a pretty flower like you can handle it."

I paused the game and walked over to him and was up on his face. "Cut the crap, unless of course, you're scared."

"Ah, not so nice are we," he said, looking up at me. "Fine, we'll play this the hard way."

Shorty changed the level from easy to hard while I looked at Arnavji. Did he make me angry or what?! I was filling up with anger again.

"Ready?"

Instead of answering, I changed the setting from hard to difficult.

My eyes remained on Arnavji. "You bet."

I stepped back, closed my eyes and waited for the song to start. The beat started out nice and I let my mind sync in with it. I could feel a rush go through me and I watched the screen in front me, showing me what moves to make. I moved with it, as it started out slow and then dramatically stopped. I knew that it was going to speed up and I was prepared for it. I smirked and the thing started to count down from three. At one, I started to move like crazy and moved in ways I didn't know I could, like bend back and reach a step. I felt alive and the adrenaline rush I had running throughout me was indescribable. The song slowed down and I had to hold my step but add a few moves, so I swayed my hips slowly from side to side, along with the beat. The music sped up again and I danced along with it with every ounce of energy I had. It ended with a free style and I moved like crazy. Little did I know that the fatty already quit and was watching me, surprised.

The song ended and I had the new high score. I grabbed the bar in front of me and swung below it to sit down, holding on to it. I ran out of breath and felt like jello. Payal came up to me and hugged me. I hugged her back with one arm, still holding on to the bar with my other hand while I looked at Arnavji. He had his arms crossed and gave me a look that said not bad, creating another conversation with our expressions.

Really?

Yeah.

I smirked and Payal let go of me.

"Oh my gosh Khushi! That was incredible!"

"Thanks!"

"But why did you come here in the first place? What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'm fine now. I just need a drink."

I got up and made my way to the vending machine, high-fiving people as I passed them. I bought a bottle of soda and took a large gulp. Boy was I thirsty! However, when I turned back around, my mood went off again.

There, right before my very own two eyes, Payal was hugging Arnavji. I dropped my bottle of soda, not thinking about anything. I stared in dismay; I couldn't believe it at all. I turned away and a few tears were flowing out of my eyes. Wiping them away quickly, I stormed out of the arcade, passing the two of them. I didn't care if the two noticed if I was crying but I did hear Payal call out my name.

I took my headphones out of my pocket and plugged it into my iPhone and ran. Just ran.... How long I ran, no clue. I just needed to get it all out. Every now and then my phone would ring off, but I didn't pick it up. I ran around the park, around my old high school's track field and then I ran to the studio.

When I got there, I went to the window and sat on the ledge. I stared out the window and my tears flowed down my cheeks. I shut my eyes and the moments me and Arnavji had, kept playing in my head. I opened them up and my heartbeat sped up.

I clutched my heart. "Why," I asked myself out loud. "Why does my heart keep racing up? Why?!"

Because you love him.

I paused and I turned to face who had said that. Facing back was... me?