83

The family had noticed the shift between Arnav and me. After the fight we had... things were just left up in the air. Waking up that following morning, I found Arnav asleep on the lounger, though he was in his PJs. It upset me to see him there - this was the first time in our marriage where we hadn't slept together, and it hurt me. So, I avoided him all morning long, leaving his clothes and tie on the bed, unlike how I usually gave it him. To my surprise, he actually wore the cloths I had chosen.

But that obviously didn't change things. He had raised his voice at me as if I were one of the other employees, and that hurt. All I had wanted was to talk to him, tell him how I felt but... I guess I don't mean anything, anymore.

"Nani!!!"

We all looked at each other in confusion at sound of a random voice, then quickly got up to see what the commotion was. When we got to the main hall, we saw a woman looking absolutely happy, and while the family looked in amazement, Payal and I were confused.

The girl went running over to Nani and tackled her with a hug. "Nani! Oh my gosh! I've missed you soooooooooo much!"

She took blessings from Nani and then went over to everyone else. Clearly everyone knew who she was, surprised to see her and saying how long it had been since they had last seen her. Once she hugged Dai, Jeeju, Di, and Jij, she went over to the little ones. Di had had her little baby girl several weeks ago, who they had lovingly named Rani. The woman doted over her and Nishan, and then went over to Akash, hugging him, before moving over to Arnav.

When she stood in front of Arnav, she placed her hands on her hips and Arnav simply crossed his arms. They looked into each other's eyes, and I immediately didn't like what I was seeing. It was as if they were exchanging a conversation, reminding me of the old days between Arnav and I before we got married.

Suddenly the girl frowned, and she punched Arnav's arm, though it had no impact on him.

"What the hell Arnav," she began. "You got married just like that and you didn't even tell me?!"

"So," he simply replied.

"So?! One of the biggest events of your life happened saying so?"

"Zoni, it's not that big of a deal."

What the-? Not that big of a deal? Our wedding was not that big of deal?!

I know I should be reacting rather than huffing to myself, but you know what, I'm not. I'm just going to watch this little drama between these two. At least now I know her name is Zoni.

"What do you mean it's not that big of deal," she scowled.

"I mean it's not that big of deal that I didn't tell you," he frowned.

Zoni gaped at him.

"Get over it."

Oh... so he meant... I don't care! I'm mad at him!

Nani came over to Payal and I, turning Zoni's attention to us. She walked over to us and Nani stood by her side.

"Khushi, Payal, this is Zoni. Years ago, her parents used to work for us. They passed away when she was 4, but she had no one else. I decided then that I would take her in and raise her as my own. So, I took her in as my own granddaughter. Ever since then, Chote and Zoni have been very close."

Huh... is that so? Nani continued.

"These two always poke fun at each other. The things these two would do..."

Nani shook her head as she smiled at some memory. I held my head high and looked at her up and down. Zoni spoke.

"Yeah, oh my gosh! Arnav and I fooled around so much! Right, bhai?"