111

There was no denying that us ladies were basically chilling. The men worked away, preparing lunch, and we ladies chilled out in the backyard, enjoying the sun. We were very curious about what they would be making for lunch, or if they even could for that matter. While Payal had zero faith and was ready to order takeout, I had faith in Arnav - there was no doubt about that - but I was rather curious how the others would do. Fortunately, when lunch came rolling by, everything was amazing! Whether it was the chicken, the fish, or the vegetables they had prepared, everything was absolutely wonderful thanks to head chef Arnav Singh Raizada.

I wonder how he'd do on one of those cooking contests....

For the day, Dai and Di had become the fun parents, pretty much playing with the little ones while Jeeju and Jij took up all of the responsibilities. It was clear by the looks on Dai and Di's faces that they were too entertained by it all, especially when Jeeju and Jij went to war....

Aka feeding the kids.

Cries and screams echoed in the house, and the rest of us ladies practically had to force Dai and Di from helping Jeeju and Jij. We watched as the other men tried to help calm the children, whether it was by making silly faces, offering their toys - anything really.

And yet, barely any of the food made it to either Nishan's or Rani's mouths, going instead onto everyone's clothes. My poor Arnav looked absolutely hysterical, Nishan having thrown his peas onto his bade mamu's face.

I know I shouldn't be laughing, but I am so close to rolling on the floor!

"Khushi, stop laughing," he huffed.

"Why should I?!"

And it wasn't just me, but all of us were laughing hysterically while the men grumbled and fussed, trying hard to feed the two kids.

So much for male bravado.

"Okay, I've had enough," Dai said. "I will not just stand here and watch my child not be fed!"

"Just a little bit more Dai," I practically begged. "Let's see these men try a little more."

"But Khushi-"

"Khushi, I can't tolerate it either," Di said. "I'm going in!"

"Di, no," Payal exclaimed, holding her back. "Let them try; after all men can do anything."

Akash shot her a scowl, which only made her laugh.

"Taking care of little children isn't so easy," Nani smirked.

"Keep that in mind when it's time for your own," Mami teased.

While Akash glanced at Payal, who's cheeks had gone red, Arnav shot me a glance. I pursed my lips and looked at his green-goop covered face, trying my best to hold back my laughter.

I know a mood was trying to be set from Mami's words, but come on! My man is covered in peas!

"I think it's time Dai and Di stepped in," I said.

"No, that will not be necessary," Jeeju said.

Dai looked at him like he was mad. "But Kishore-!"

"But nothing, we're the ones taking your roles today, so let us do it."

Dai let out an exasperated sigh. "Okay, fine, handle the situation, but at least let me help! Usually I ask for your help when Nishan's created a mess, right?"

Jeeju opened his mouth to retort but then stopped. He thought about it then shook his head from side to side. "True, I do hold him for you while you clean after him.... Fine! But that's all you can do!"