125

Is it so wrong to be enjoying the sight of my husband being so worried? Because to be quite honest, I'm not feeling bad at all!

For the rest of the day, Arnav only appeared anxious - despite him trying to veil it. As the hours counted down, my excitement grew and my poor husband... well, I'm sure you already get the picture.

As the sky turned dark, preparations for our game was made. We even prepared some snacks for all of us to munch on, the babies looking quite eager once they caught sight of the chocolate. Akash had set up the music to his portable speaker and all of us had deposited our phones beside it. The fire pit was prepared and we got extra pillows and cushions for everyone to be comfortable. Since the seating went around in a circle, it would be very easy for all of us to play, as well as easily be able to pass the pillow around during the game. Nani offered to be in charge of the music, so her, mamaji, and mamiji stayed off the the side, having full view of the game play as well as responsibility over the babies

"Alright! Shall we start playing," Di beamed, rubbing her hands together.

I glance over at Arnav, who's foul mood was still very obvious.

"Someone's quite excited," Jij teased.

"Very much so," and Di stuck her tongue out at him, making Jij chuckle.

"Well, I know that I'm excited," Jeeju said as he took his seat.

"Oh? And why is that," Dai asked, arching her brow.

"It's been so long since I've heard my lovely wife sing a romantic song or even give a performance, so it's only natural that I'd be excited, sweetheart," he said innocently.

Payal and I started giggling like little girls, hiding behind our hands as we watched Dai shake her head, her hands at her waist.

"What," Jeeju said innocently.

"Jeeju, you're quite the romantic," I teased.

"Well, what can I say? Plus, I do teach literature for a reason," he grinned.

Dai rolled her eyes, but her grin was very much evident.

All of us got seated, Jeeju, Dai, Di, and Jij sitting along one side, while Payal, Akash, Arnav, and I sat along the other. The little ones were comfy with Mamaji and Mami, and Nani looked more than ready to get the game started.

"So are there any rules," Akash asked.

"Just pass the pillow as long as the music goes," Di shrugged.

"Ah, but make sure to play fair," Mamaji said. "No holding onto the pillow longer than necessary and try not to throw it too hard, there's a significant amount of space between you all to easily pass it around."

All of us murmured in agreement.

"And so that it's fair," Nani said, "I'm going to have my back turned to you guys so that way I have absolutely no idea who has the pillow and this way it'll land on random and be fair. Okay? So shall we get started?"

"Let's do this," Payal exclaimed.

Nani couldn't help her chuckle, and then she turned around and started up the music. The song Tu Meri started to play, which came as no surprise to me, given how much Nani has been loving that song lately, even Mamiji. Given that it was Di's idea, Di was the first one to pass the pillow around, and it went to Jij, then Payal, Akash, Arnav, me, Jeeju, Dai, and back to Di. The pillow continued to go around and as it did, I glanced at Arnav every now and then. His desire to not be a part of this at all was very evident, and I had to force myself not to laugh at his looks of anxiety.

Suddenly, the music stopped, snapping me out of my thoughts and looking for the first player out. It turned out to be none other then Jij himself. 

"First round and you're already out," Di laughed "That's what you get for making fun of my game choice. Now  then, time for your punishment," she beamed.

Jij only shook his head and stood up. Any time a person lost, they would have to stand up for us and go over by the pool area, where the person had more than enough space to give their performance, be it a dance or singing a song.

"So Jij, what are you going to do," Payal asked. "Will it be a dance," she chuckled.

"No way! Jij is gonna sing," I said. "Am I right?"

"Yes, I will be singing a song," Jij nodded.

Payal and I started whooping and hollering, cheering him on. "Jij! Jij! Jij!"

"Oh please, it won't be anything like that," Di frowned. "Don't egg him on."

"What do you mean," Dai said, nudging her. "Have some faith in him," she chuckled.

Di opened her mouth to say something, when Jij's melodious voice filled the air.

Kisi Roz Tumse Mulaakat Hogi

Di gaped at Jij, totally in shock. Payal and I cheered once more, clapping along.

Meri Jaan Us Din Mere Saath Hogi
Magar Kab Na Jaane Ye Barsaat Hogi
Mera Dil Hai Pyaasa
Mera Dil Akela
Zara Tasveer Se Tu Nikalke Saamne Aa
Meri Mehbooba
Meri Taqdeer Hai Tu Machalke Saamne Aa
Meri Mehbooba
Meri Mehbooba Meri Mehbooba
Meri Mehbooba

While Di continued to gape like a fish out of water, all of us applauded him as Jij bowed for us. With his act complete, he made his way over to the elders, taking Rani into his arms, who happily went to her father.

"Looks like Rani betiyan enjoyed her Papa's singing," Nani grinned.

"Of course she did," Jij cooed at Rani, who was smiling away as her father lifted her up.

I turned to look at Di, and the poor girl was still in complete shock. Even Dai noticed it, so she snapped her fingers in front of her.

"Huh?"

"What's wrong," Dai asked, wiggling her brows at her as she grinned.

"I- but- um...."

The rest of us couldn't help but to chuckle, Jij smirking at her, feeling rather accomplished.

"Let's continue," Di frowned.

"If you say so," Nani said, and she turned back around and started up the song again. Payal started off this time, and around and around the pillow went. As Arnav passed me the pillow, I could feel more anxiety radiating off of him, and it made me want to laugh. If only one person going out of the game is affecting him this much, who knows how it'll go as the game continues on!

~

Don't forget to smash that vote button :D