131

As the days went on by, curiosity only added on, Arnav giving nothing away as to what I should expect. All he would do whenever I would mention it was scowl at me, telling me that he still had time, and leave me with that. With the days dwindling down, he only scowled more and more, but I guess I shouldn't blame him.

Watching him being completely immersed with the work on his desk, I leaned back in my chair, twiddling my pen between my fingers.

I shouldn't expect much, should I? I mean it is Arnav, dancing isn't exactly his specialty. The most he's ever danced has been with me so... maybe I should cut him some slack?

My phone suddenly began to ring, and while still zoned out in thought, I picked it up. "Hmm?"

"Someone's spaced out."

Blinking back to reality, I glanced at my phone before looking back up towards Arnav, who was on the phone, waving at me.

"Care to share what's got you so lost in thought, wife?"

A small smirk graced his face, his eyes still on me.

"I think the answer to that is obvious," I responded, still twiddling my pen.

His smirk instantly turned into a scowl - how dramatic!

"What," I said innocently. "Besides, it's the only thing that's keeping me sane, I've got a shit load of work that's driving me nuts!"

"Well I've told you before, why not get an assistant?"

True... Arnav has advised that before.... It makes sense; I mean Arnav's got Rita and Aman to help him, and I've got no one to help me at all.

"Its quite a tempting idea," I murmured, thinking about how that would go.

"Do it; that way you'll get more time to think about me," he smirked.

I couldn't help my smile. "As if I don't do that enough," I teased.

"No, you don't."

A frown instantly took over my face. "What-? How?"

"You've been more focused on this stupid dance thing more than anything," he scowled.

"Hey, if you can't handle losing a bet, then don't bother next time!"

"What-?"

But before he could finish, I hung up on him and turned my attention back to work. Immediately, my phone started ringing, and knowing that it was Arnav, I looked up at him.

"No," I said, not that he would hear me, but I'm sure he'd understand my lips.

His scowl made it clear he did, his phone still at his ear while my phone continued to ring.

He's clearly not getting the message.

Picking up my phone, I disconnected the call and silenced it, then turned it over so I couldn't see the screen.

Honestly, if you can't accept a loss, then don't bother wagering in a bet.

I'll do anything you want me to - my foot!

Whatever! Just focus on work! Focus on-

"Khushi."

A small yelp escaped my lips as I flinched, spinning around in my chair to see Arnav. "What the-!"

Arnav leaned down, placing his hands on the handles of my chair, bringing his face very close to mine. "That's my line."

I scowled at him.