136

Because of the revelations that were made by Arnav, and the weight that it brought, the two of us simply headed to bed and slept in each other's arms. When morning came, I awoke first, finding myself buried within Arnav's hold. He had quite a serene look on his face, looking absolutely calm. By looking at him, you wouldn't have even known that he had been upset at all last night.

Speaking of which, I'm glad that Arnav shared that information with me. At times I almost feel guilty that I know nothing about my mother in-law nor my father in-law. Just because they're no longer with us, doesn't mean that I shouldn't know anything about them. Then again, I guess in some ways I know enough.

A small groan escaped from Arnav's lips as he fidgeted slightly. "Mm, wife," he called out, his voice raspy.

"Good morning, husband."

His eyes remained shut as he took in a deep breath and sighed, while tightening his hold on me as he nuzzled my head. "Don't get up."

"If I don't get up, who's going to feed you?"

"Not hungry."

"Arnav, you know skipping breakfast isn't such a good thing. You haven't eaten in hours."

"Later. Let's stay in bed for now, sleep in."

"Mm... fine, but only for a bit."

Arnav simply hummed in return, burying his face in my hair.

When was the last time he slept in like this? Its definitely been quite a long while, that's for sure. I mean sometimes he goes for his morning runs, so....

Maybe after the family does get back, the both of us should go away on a vacation, just so he can relax a bit more.

Although I couldn't fall back asleep, I simply laid in Arnav's arms, keeping my eyes shut. However, my bladder started kicking soon, so I had to slip myself out of Arnav's hold and go to the bathroom. That fully awakened me, so I decided to start with my day, washing up and showering. When I was all cleaned up and moisturized, I headed into the closet and looked at my clothes.

After what happened last night... maybe Arnav isn't wrong about what he said. I mean this is my home, this is my family... why not be more comfortable?

Pulling open a drawer, I took out a dark gray henley, as well as some black joggers, and put them on, then headed back into the room. My eyes caught sight of the clock, letting me know it was getting close to eleven, so I decided to wake Arnav up.

"Arnav, it's almost 11 AM, babe," I called out softly.

He let out a small groan then opened his eyes. As soon as he saw me, a small smile spread across his face. "You look beautiful."

"I look like I'm ready for the gym."

"Maybe, but still, you look beautiful."

"You're a sweetheart," and I placed a kiss on his cheek. "Now up you get, hubby, it's brunch time."

"Okay, wife," he smiled, and he got up and headed to the bathroom.

While he did that, I headed downstairs, going straight into the kitchen.

Since I don't have the Prakash Trio to help, there's obviously no breakfast prepared, so that leaves it all to me, not that I mind.

But what to make, what to make- oh! I know!

Going to the fridge, I looked over at everything we had and seeing that I did have every ingredient I needed, I decided to make some poached eggs and avocado toast, as well as some cinnamon rolls. As I worked away to prep everything, it wasn't long until Arnav came down and joined me.