63

I got home immediately and locked myself up in my room. I didn't know if I would ever be able to face Amma and Babuji after what had just happened.

Not long after I came home, Amma and Babuji came home. They knocked at my door and I was afraid to open it. After taking in a few deep breaths, I opened the door. They came in and I sat down, playing around with my hands, nervous.

Amma put her hand on my head. I looked up at her and she looked back at me. She gave me a hug and I hugged her back. Everyone was silent and then Amma got up and left.

Babuji looked at me as he sat down. He put his hands together and spoke.

"Well... I must say... he has guts."

I looked at Babuji; this can't be real.

"Claiming his love like that... in front of everyone like that - in front of us like that... he sure is something."

"Yeah... he's something all right," I nearly whispered, looking at my hands.

Babuji placed a hand on my head.

"Everything happens for a reason," he said, and he got up and left.

I wanted to call Arnav, but I didn't dare too. I was too scared, and I still didn't get everything through me yet.

When I woke up the next day, I got done with the usual. I didn't have to go to work today, thank goodness.

Honestly after yesterday, I felt like I couldn't do anything. The entire day I stayed in my pjs. I stayed home and watched TV all afternoon. Amma and Babuji went outside to who knows where.

It was around 5 when Arnav texted me. He wanted to meet me tonight at 8, so I texted back that I'd meet him outside the park.

We had to face yesterday's situation, and I couldn't just continue to be scared of it.

At around 7, I arrived at the park, wearing a white t-shirt, black full-sleeve cardigan and dark blue jeans. I had taken an umbrella with me since they had said on the news that it would rain.

I sat on a bench and waited for Arnav. It was 7:30 when Viren came out of nowhere.

"Hey," he said.

"Hey. What's up?"

"Nothing much," he said as he sat down. "What are you doing here?"

"Waiting for Arnav, you?"

"Just walking around. ...So, how's thing between you and Arnav."

"Not bad; with him around, I feel different. All my life I felt that I was missing something. But ever since he came into my life, I feel complete."

Viren nodded in acknowledgment. I looked at him and continued.

"Thanks, Viren."

"For what," he asked as he looked at me in comfusion.

"For not marrying me. If you didn't do what you did that day...."

"I did what I because all I want is for you to be happy."

I looked at him and smiled. "Aww!" I gave him a quick peck on the cheek. "You're such a good friend Viren. I hope everyone gets a friend like you."

He nodded and got up, then left.

It was 8 and there was no sign of Arnav. I waited... and waited... and waited. Still no sign of him. I had texted him a few times - no reply. Whenever I called him, he wouldn't pick up.

It was 9 and I was getting pissed. I sat there alone on the bench. It began to rain so I quickly opened up my umbrella. 9:30 and still nothing. I was really aggravated. Eventually, Arnav pulled in and got out of his car. He walked over to me, or rather ran since the genius didn't take an umbrella.