59

For the wedding, I had decided to wear blue lehenga: the top was dark-blue velvet with aqua-blue sleeves, while the skirt was of aqua blue, both with the same golden and pink borders, while the dupatta was pink.

As everyone got ready, we got Payal dressed up. When Payal's mom left the room, I decided to tease Payal.

"So Payal, now you're about to become Mrs. Payal Singh Raizada, huh?"

She blushed and I gave her a hug. Her mom came back in and she teared up. The two hugged and I hugged them.

We went over to the Raizada's home and were welcomed by Nani. Outside everything was prepared. The guests were all over the place, welcoming us as we came in. Auntyji and I guided Payal over to the mandap. We sat her down and I sat behind her, everybody else also beginning to sit down.

Akash was already seated and so was the rest of the family, except for Arnav. I looked around for him when my heart sped up. I turned to look at him. He looked absolutely handsome and I wanted to go over to him and hold onto him. But I knew I had to control myself.

I realized that he knew that I was staring away at him, so I looked away, embarrassed. He came over and sat down not so far away. He looked me up and down and I tucked my hair behind my ear, feeling nervous, as if I were the bride.

Bride? Me? Oh my!

The wedding ceremony began and Payal and Akash were about to become a married couple. They got up and made their seven rounds, their vows. This moment was just so sweet. I watched as they made their rounds. It's so sweet how people promised to be there for every happiness and every sadness that'll happen in life.

I just love weddings!

Payal and Akash sat down. Akash placed the sindoor onto Payal's parting. My heart relaxed and I placed my hand over it. I was so happy for them! Just doing that meant so much alone.

Akash placed the mangalsutra around Payal's neck and everyone clapped and cheered. They were officially a married couple, and everyone began to throw flowers onto the newlyweds. I couldn't believe it - my friend was no longer just Payal, but Payal Singh Raizada!

Tears of joy came flowing down my cheeks. Nothing could make this day any better!

~
30 stars for the next one!