47

I checked the papers and they were completely fine. I don't understand why they were given to me in the first place when it was already complete and correct. So, I got up and went over to Arnav.

When I got to his room he was on the phone and he was pissed.

"Listen," he said angrily. "I don't care at all! You signed a contract and knew what you were getting into. Now I want you to repay your loans before I destroy you."

Whoa! I stared at him, shocked. Is this really the same man that I loved?

He hung up the phone and set his head back in his chair with a huff, his eyes closed. Quietly, I walked over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. His eyes instantly met mine, and he sighed. I could see the fog of his anger clear from his eyes, and my Arnav had returned. He noticed the papers in my hands and took them. Without even looking at them he placed it on his desk.

"Aren't you at least going to check it," I asked, my eyebrow arched.

"Nope, it already correct."

I knew it! Of course, it was already correct!

He looked at me, a sly grin covering his face.

"Why you-"

Arnav grabbed me by my waist and made me sit down on his desk.

"What the-!"

I didn't complete my sentence. I stopped myself actually and Arnav lifted an eyebrow, looking very humored.

"What," I frowned. "Me being around you has gotten a bad influence on me."

"And how is that?"

"Because every five seconds you're yelling what the, the whole office knows this, all of the staff knows this. It like as if it's your catchphrase," I frowned.

"Is that so," and he started to tickle me on my sides and that was my weak point. He took advantage of it and continued to tickle me.

"Okay, okay, I give in!"

Arnav finally stopped and I held onto him, calming my heart. He moved me over to his lap and I got comfy, resting my head against his chest.

"Why did you tell your family you were going to be late?"

"Well I was planning on ending work a little early so we could go out..."

I looked up at him.

"But work took over, and well, here we are."

"You wanted to take me out on a date?"

"Well we did just make up."

A smile spread across my face. Reaching up, I kissed his stubbled cheek. "This is perfect. Anywhere, with just you, is perfect."

His smile matched mine, and he placed a kiss on my lips, holding onto me while I held onto him.

For the rest of the evening, we spent our time talking. It was almost 8:30 and I knew I had to get home before Amma and Babuji got worried. He dropped me off, not far from my home, after convincing him to.

If the days continued to be like this, then I simply couldn't wait for tomorrow!