50

To think that running a show is any fun - yeah right! Back stage is just too much of a hassle! Every now and then someone is yelling and pushing someone around. I didn't try to think about all of that. I was determined, confident, and a bit nervous.

Does that even make sense?!

I walked back and forth, pacing. Payal was thinking and when her phone beeped off, she shrieked - she had gotten a text from Akash, him letting her know that he was here in the audience. As much as I wanted a text from Arnav saying the same thing, I knew that I would mess up the moment I saw him. He felt offended when I told him that but after I explained to him how seeing him brought butterflies to my stomach he laughed, but he thought it was cute.

You would think that after everything, after almost 6 months of dating, I'd be over it. But no, he still made my anxiety go through the roof.

And I don't understand why!!!

The show began and one contestant after the other went. I took in deep breaths as it got closer and closer to my turn. I was going to go before Payal and she stood behind me, excited to perform in front of Akash.

If only I could be as confident as her.

It was my turn next and my heart raced. If only it was for the right reasons. Right now, I could really use Arnav's comfort.

"Aww! Is Khushi scared," Gehna mocked.

We turned and looked at her.

"It's okay if there's no one in the audience. That way when you freeze and mess up, no one will feel embarrassed about the fact that they know you."

I rolled my eyes and turned away, a smirk growing on my face. Thanks to her attempt, I gained a boost of confidence and felt great! They called my name and I went out on stage.

It was incredible! There were so many people and they were clapping and cheering. I saw the judges sitting down in front at a desk. I looked at them and felt a bit nervous. But as the music went off, I transformed and danced away.

I felt alive and free! I moved to the beat and felt amazing, smiling away. If only Amma and Babuji were here to see this, but they would just have to wait. It turns out that this eventually was going to be shown on TV, so they'd have to see it then.

I ended my dance with huge smile running across my face. Everyone was clapping and whistling. The judges spoke to each other, made their comments to me, and I went backstage.

"Oh my gosh Khushi! You were amazing," Payal exclaimed.

"Thanks," I said, trying to catch my breath.

They called Payal and I wished her luck. I watched from the screen backstage and she was absolutely amazing! When she came back, I hugged her. I was about to congratulate her when Gehna came out of nowhere.

"So, the two of you have already gone. Not bad I must say."

"Thanks," I said.

"Of course; I have to make the losers feel good or they'll just cry," she said, and she walked away.

Payal was about to grab her hair, but I held her back. "It's not worth it."

Gehna went out and they liked her. I was amazed at how she could dance. It was a lot better than the last time! When she came back, she gave an obnoxious look at us.

The remaining contestants went and performed. After that, the judges decided on who they would eliminate. There were 16 of us and only 8 would continue. Ouch! That's a lot but the competition was short.

We were all called out on stage. We stood there, lined up next to each other. We waited anxiously, curious to know if we would continue or not.

Three girls were called when they called Gehna's name. She gave us an obnoxious look and she smiled to the crowd. Okay, so she made it, congrats to her! They called Payal's name seventh and she gave me a hug and went to the other side, smiling at the audience. I stood there, scared out of my wits when they called my name. I was so relieved, and I was smiling like a fool. I went over to the other side and hugged Payal. I couldn't believe it that we were both continuing!