43

Rushing back to the party, I joined Payal, who was still talking to the family. She looked at me with confusion, wanting to know why it took me so long. Then Arnav came and joined us.

"Really chote," Kalavati said, "even on your day off, you have to work?"

"Sorry Dai."

That sure took me by surprise. His sisters had so much control over him!

I envy them.

I noticed him looking at me and I hid a smirk. Payal was confused, but she didn't notice mine and Arnav's little exchange. Suddenly her eyes widened, and she dragged me to a corner.

"What the-?"

"Hush!"

She looked around, making sure no one was near us, and then smirked at me.

I'm so confused.

"So... had a little fun did we now," she grinned mischievously.

"What?"

She lifted an eyebrow and pointed at my neck. I put my hand there, trying to figure out what she was pointing at, when my eyes widened.

Wait... I... we... he... oh shit, there's a hickey on my neck!

"If you could see the look on your face right now," she laughed.

I stared at her, my eyes wide from shock.

Payal bit her lower lip, trying to stop herself from shrieking.

I traced along my neck with my fingers, the lingering feeling of Arnav's lips still on me.

I still couldn't believe it.

"So, what are you going to do now," Payal asked.

I was about to respond when Arnav came. "What are we talking about, ladies" he asked.

I looked at him and I moved my hair, trying to cover up the mark.

"Oh, nothing much," Payal replied nonchalantly. "Just pointing out the hickey you left on Khushi's neck."

My eyes darted to her. Did this girl ever control her mouth?

Arnav hid a smirk and I rolled my eyes. I adjusted my hair around, asking Payal to make sure it wasn't visible and went back to the party, avoiding Arnav's gaze.

"Khushi," Kalavati called out to me.

"Yes?"

"If you don't mind, do you care for a little dance?"

"Uh...."

Honestly, I didn't even know if I would be able to, especially with Arnav around.

"Come on! It'll be fun."

"I'm not so sure...."

"Why not," Anjali pressed on. "It would be fun! Remember last time?"

I gulped. I don't think I can dance around him.

I looked around, nervous, unsure of how to avoid the topic when I noticed the smug look on Arnav's face.

Ugh! Seriously? That smug look of his, I just want to... ugh!

This guy knows how to push my buttons!

I looked at Kalavati and Anjali. "Um... I guess it wouldn't hurt...."

"Great," Kalavati said.

I was so unsure of this and the only thing going across my mind was that I hope I don't make a fool of myself in front of Arnav.