40

To be honest, I didn't care one bit about anything. I had my hands up in the air, my head was bopping, my hips swaying from side to side, and I didn't give a damn for the world. I felt Arnav staring at me, and even though I could feel my back burn from his stares, as if they were lasers, I didn't care at all. I was enjoying myself and I wouldn't let someone who didn't believe my love was true for him, ruin it.

Payal, Akash and Arnav sat down at a table where you could get a full view of the dance floor. As Payal and Akash talked, I saw and could feel Arnav watching at me. I looked at him as I continued to dance. I didn't care anymore so I just continued to look at him.

Viren noticed that I was lost in space. "Hey, what's up?"

I looked at Arnav for a few more seconds, then turned to Viren. "Nothing really," I said, "just getting a little thirsty."

"Same here. Want to go sit with the others?"

"Sure."

We walked over to the others and sat down. We ordered our drinks, me definitely not getting anything alcoholic. We talked while Arnav avoided the conversation and just looked at the crowd.

I took a sip of my Pepsi and watched Arnav. Looking at him reminded me of what he said to me that day. I still couldn't believe that he said that to me! Never in my life have I ever let a man come close to me like I let Arnav, and he thought I faked everything?

I was boiling with anger and Payal, Akash and Viren noticed that I had my fists clenched.

"Are you okay," Payal asked me.

I let go of my clenched fists. "Yeah... I'm fine. I'm perfectly fine," I said, not dropping my sight from Arnav, not like he cared to notice. "I'm going to go back and dance. Care to join?"

"I'm tired," Viren said.

"Why don't you go ahead Khushi," Payal said.

"Okay," I said. "Suit yourself!"

I went hopping back. Must have been the sugar rush and my hype combined. And because of this, I was even crazier.

The song ended and the song Not Myself Tonight by Christina Aguilera went off. I don't know what it was, but somehow I transformed and danced to the song. I was going crazy and when it came to the part that she says fuck you, I raised my middle finger at Arnav and his eyes widened. I smiled at him coyly and bit my lower lip in a sexy-ish way.

Don't ask what's wrong with me because I don't know why I was doing it.

But what I did must have done something to Arnav. He put a smug look on his face, got up, and walked towards me. Payal, Akash and Viren were so glued in their conversation that they didn't even realize he got up.

He came over to me and grabbed me by my waist. He looked at me and I was too out of my mind, moving my hips as I continued to dance. I turned, facing my back at him and continued to dance. The rest that happened - I have no idea. My mind simply focused on the music and everything else was gone.

It was when I felt Arnav's lips on my neck around the end of the song, that things started to reappear, though hazy. I stopped dancing and let Arnav continue with what he was doing – it just felt amazing, my body buzzing with a hum. When the song ended, we both snapped back to reality, and he let go and walked away as I turned to look at him.

Why did he have to make things difficult?

I went back to Payal and the others. They were getting their things and were preparing to leave when I caught up to them. When we got outside, Arnav appeared from behind and I didn't look at him. I was talking to Viren when Akash spoke.

"Oh yeah, before I completely forget."

He took out two envelopes and handed one to Payal and the other to me. I opened it up, curious to know what it was. I looked inside and there was a card. It was an invitation card for a party that was being hosted by their sister Kalavati for her new-born son. I looked at it again.

Wait, what?! "Wait a minute," I said. "She was pregnant?"

"Yeah," Akash simply replied.

I looked at Payal. "So, wait, when Payal and I danced against her and your other cousin..."

"Yeah, she was pregnant then."

I did the math in my head and it was obvious that she was already pregnant. But it felt like not so long ago that I had met her, nor did she show! Then again, that sari of hers was rather something and I wasn't exactly looking for something....

I shook my head and got the thought out of my head.

"Well without a doubt I'm coming," Payal said. "What about you Khushi?"

"I don't know...."

"Please come," Akash said. "Dai really wants you to be there."

"Why? She barely even knows me."

"I don't know, but she specifically wanted to invite you."

I looked at the invitation and thought about it. Glancing at Arnav from the corner of my eyes, I noticed him looking at the invitation in my hand. I looked back at it and thought that if I go, then I'll finally see his evil layer. An evil person like him had to have one after all, right?

Accusing me of such a thing, huh? I smirked slightly, trying to hide it and looked at Akash.

"Tell your Dai that I'll definitely will be there."

Arnav looked at me. I couldn't quite read his expression, but I didn't care.