14

"What do you mean the lead dancer isn't here yet," I shrieked.

Oh boy!

"I just got a phone call and she said that she's too sick to perform," Arnavji's secretary replied.

"If she's not here then what about the entertainment for tonight? What about the rest of the group here?"

"I don't know ma'am."

Just then a man came in running up to Arnavji's secretary, telling her that he'd arrived.

"Excuse me ma'am, I'll have to go tell sir about the confusion," and she left the room.

I looked at Payal "Payal what's going to happen now?"

"I don't know...."

Great! "Come on let's think."

"Oh sure! Cause you don't want your Ar-"

I covered Payal's mouth with my hand. "Not. One. Word."

She removed my hand. "Well then why don't you go dance yourself then," she frowned.

"Payal- you know what... that's not really a bad idea."

~

Outside, Arnav had arrived, and he met with his guests.

"Sir?"

He turned around to see that it was his secretary. "Yes Rita."

"U-um... well you see sir...."

She told him everything and just as Arnav was about to say something, the lights dimmed down.

"What's going on," Arnav asked.

"I have no clue sir," the poor girl replied.

The performers had begun, and so far, there was no sign of the hired dancer, when someone else appeared.

"Who is that sir," Rita asked.

"I-"

But he stopped. He saw the girl appear and immediately knew who it was, even if it was her back facing towards them.

The woman turned to face the crowd, and everyone began questioning.

"Sir, isn't that-"

"Yes; it's Khushi."

Khushi danced to one of her favorite songs: Darling Aankhon Se.

She danced and the crowd went crazy. Arnav watched her and was amazed - once again - at her movement. Looking at her, you'd think she was just a timid girl, but after seeing her dance, you could see that she was a strong girl who had moves and an attitude.

Watching her made Arnav feel something he never had before. At first he didn't know what it was, but he knew it had something to do with her. Now, however, he just may have an idea.

Khushi ended her performance by being lifted into the air by the background dancers. Everyone clapped and whooped, and she and the others bowed, then left the stage.

Khushi made her way over to Payal.

Payal shrieked with excitement. "Khushi you were fantastic!"

"Thanks, Payal!"

One of the company's partners approached them "Honestly miss, you are one talented lady."

Others came up and crowded around her and Payal, commenting on her dance.

Arnav watched Khushi as she smiled away to everyone.

She looks so beautiful, he thought to himself.